Software Engineer, Data Analytics Platform (Remote)
San Francisco, California, United States
Brex is reimagining financial systems so every growing company can realize their full potential. As the financial OS, we’re building software and services in one place—disrupting long-entrenched institutions with products and experiences that better serve the ambitions of our customers.
Working at Brex allows you to push your limits, challenge the status quo, and collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry. We’re committed to building a diverse team and inclusive culture and believe your potential should only be limited by how big you can dream. We make this a reality by empowering you with the tools, resources, and support you need to grow your career.ort to grow their careers. It takes the same effort to dream big or dream small, so we say, dream big.Engineering at Brex
The Engineering team includes Data, IT, Security, and Software, and is responsible for building innovative products and infrastructure for Brex and our customers. We believe that engineers should accelerate the business through technology, and collaborate across multiple teams to accomplish that.
Teams are autonomous, value inclusivity, eager to learn, teach and constantly improve how things work. The software we build today is the foundation for dozens of Brex systems in the future, so engineers have a strong sense of ownership and accountability and take pride in their craft.What you’ll do
The Data Platform team makes data and data products accessible to Brex for both customer-facing apps and internal stakeholders and empower data scientists with brilliant tooling. Data Analytics Platform is a subteam under Data Platform managing Brex’s data warehouse, job orchestration, data catalog and data access.Responsibilities
- Design, maintain and build analytics data storage and data ingestion/transformation framework including data warehouse, file store and live stream sources.
- Design and build a user-friendly job orchestration platform upon which data scientists, analytics and engineers can easily develop, test and deploy scheduled jobs to production
- Design, improve and build data catalog as a self-service platform for data discovery.
- Improve and maintain platform uptime, as well as scope, design, customize and build tools for internal users to increase their efficiency ten-fold.
- Work closely with analysts and data scientists to deeply understand business problems and be a guiding voice in architecting the solutions.
- Maintain a strong data driven culture within the company by interacting with diverse internal functions.
- Experience maintaining and administering data pipelines and data warehousing solutions, such as Big Query and Snowflake.
- Experience building and maintaining job orchestration frameworks, such as Airflow
- Experience working with SQL or NoSQL databases
- Familiarity with software engineering development cycles
- Experience working with backend programming languages (Java, Kotlin, Python)
- Ability to hold yourself and the team to high standards
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with live event processing solutions, such as kafka
- Strong writing skills
- Proactive approach
- Experience as a project lead