Mr D Food - Junior Data Analyst - Growth
MR D Food, a 100% subsidiary of takealot.com, is looking for a talented, motivated and results-oriented Junior Data Analyst - Growth.
We are a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative, hard-working people with integrity to join us. We offer a market related, Total Remuneration Package which allows full flexibility according to your needs, a great work environment and a promise that you won’t be bored as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Fetching data from internal data sources (using SQL) & preparing it for analysis (using Python & Excel).
- Analysing datasets to answer questions posed by the Growth Team.
- Preparing presentations for completed projects.
- Presenting weekly campaign analysis insights for CRM, Digital Marketing and Promotional activities.
- Delivering accurate analysis within tight deadlines.
- Collecting and analyzing customer, marketing, and behavioral data.
- Analyzing key metrics, and identifying opportunities to increase campaign performance.
- Developing and presenting learnings from your analyses, including actionable insights and recommendations.
- Creating data visualizations, and campaign performance reports.
- Monitoring and analyzing digital media and marketing trends.
- Strong analytical ability & attention to detail.
- Familiarity with SQL is required & knowledge of python programming language is beneficial.
- Ability to prioritise & focus on current projects until completed.
- The ability to learn new skills on your own.
- Advanced ability to use logic and common sense to arrive at conclusions.
- Willingness to buy into the requirements of a fast paced start-up environment.
- Ability to verbalize as well as visualize findings and results.
- Enterprising spirit and ability to take ownership of tasks.
- A strong interest in e-commerce.
- Relevant tertiary qualification in commerce, science or engineering.
- 1-3 years work experience in an ecommerce and data driven marketing environment.
- takealot.com employees are entrepreneurial and dynamic, smart, customer-centric, fun and have the shared ambition of takealot.com being the leading e-commerce company in Africa
- We have fun, work hard, take ownership, work in teams to create solutions, and are always open to direct feedback/new ideas on where we can improve
- We are short on ego and high on output
- We are doers and not only thinkers, it's all in the execution after all
- We love what we do and what we are creating
We seek to Employ an Extra Ordinary Mind who:
- is respectful but forthright
- is an expert at doing, who can not only design but also execute
- is analytical, able to use data to make decisions
- is competitive, self-directed and strive to be the BEST (GREAT requires a lot of work and does not only happen during business hours
- is passionate about the potential of e-commerce and delivering a world-class customer experience
- is entrepreneurial, thrives under change and accepts it is a constant and always looks for solutions to do something better and faster
- is business SMART. Able to think about problems from a business perspective using technical and product input;
- is curious and challenge the status quo
- is innovative and enjoys iteration
- is collaborative
- will be at the cutting edge of developing new concepts for takealot.com
- thinks like an owner of the business
- is SMART, has INTEGRITY and is HARD WORKING
Mr D Food is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities, to apply.