Senior Data Engineer
Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Signifyd leads the world in bringing the insights, innovation and compassion required to foster fearless commerce in a time of increasing digital threats. Working with some of the industry’s most recognizable retailers and brands, we are focused on using technology to enhance customer lifetime value and protect enterprises from fraud so they can focus on growing their business.
We process more than $100 billion in ecommerce transactions annually through our Commerce Network of more than 10,000 merchants selling in more than 100 countries. We focus every day on harnessing machine learning and artificial intelligence in more powerful ways to maximize our customers’ revenue and their security. None of that happens without the right people.
Our team’s strength is in its diversity and its acceptance of new ideas and new ways to look at old challenges. We are dedicated disruptors designing a new world of commerce at scale. We know humans are not one-dimensional and we celebrate the uniqueness each individual brings to the problems we solve and the culture we create.
We are looking for a passionate Senior Data Engineer to help build out our ETL pipeline solutions and data analytics capabilities. As a Data Engineer with Signifyd you will help build solutions that collect, process, and analyze the vast amounts of data in the Signifyd platform in order to provide actionable insights.
This is a unique opportunity to work with a constantly evolving big data tech stack to build out scalable data infrastructure allowing data collection, transform, and subsequent analytics.
- Interacting with cross functional set of stakeholders to extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of sources
- Implementing secure and auditable data infrastructure
- Mentoring and coach more junior members of the team
- Enforcing Signifyd quality standards on code reviews, provide feedback that raises the quality of the resulting code, and mentor peers through the review.
- Contributing to the Signifyd engineering culture and ensure that any inefficiencies and wasteful processes are highlighted and addressed
Experience we need:
- Database tuning
- Building ETL and data warehousing solutions using cloud based data infrastructure
- Building out data analytics and visualization solutions
- Experience with scripting languages and SQL
Experience we’d love you to have:
- AWS data infrastructure (Redshift, S3, EMR)
- Python/Scala/Java development
- Building ETL pipelines with Apache Spark
- Working with orchestration tools such as Airflow
- Exposure to Docker/Kubernetes
You’ll receive a benefits package that is one of the most competitive in Belfast;
- A competitive base salary
- An equally competitive equity package
- Bi-annual performance related bonus (10% performance related)
- Pension matched up to 8%
- ‘Day one’ access to private Healthcare, Dental and Optical insurance scheme for you and your whole family
- 25 days of annual leave (plus 10 stat)
- 12 weeks full-pay parental leave for mums and dads!
- Free snacks and drinks in the office
- Subsidised public transport and car parking
- A LinkedIn Learning account
- Top of the range equipment and lots of Signifyd swag
- Monthly Signifyd social events organised by our social committee
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.