Data Analyst, Dispatch
Beat is one of the most exciting companies to ever come out of the ride-hailing space. One city at a time, all across the globe we make transportation affordable, convenient, and safe for everyone. We also help hundreds of thousands of people earn extra income as drivers.
Today we are the fastest-growing ride-hailing service in Latin America. But serving millions of rides every day pales in comparison to what lies ahead. Our plans for expansion are limitless. Our stellar engineering team operates across a number of European capitals where, right now, some of the world’s most ambitious and talented engineers are changing how cities will move in the future.
Beat is currently available in Greece, Peru, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Argentina.
About the role
The Dispatch Team at Beat works remotely in a dynamic and agile culture, to build a full suite of dispatch features and strategies. Some of the team’s responsibilities include new dispatch features such as ETA service estimation, batch matching, algorithms for supply optimization, driver radius optimization and finally our Rule Engine Management suite. The dispatch squads also develop the platforms and data pipelines to monitor, analyze and flawlessly deliver these features that create world-class experiences for our drivers and passengers.
As a Dispatch Analyst, you dig into various data sources of dispatch and other entities and provide meaningful insights to support the Dispatch Domain in understanding the problems they are trying to solve and the values that new ideas may bring. Your impact will be truly global as you will work on projects that affect dispatch decisions globally. The ideal candidate is an expert in their craft and is experienced in using data to create insights for stakeholders across various functions such as big data and machine learning engineers, back-end developers, data analysts, product managers, designers, senior management and operational teams.
In short: You are an expert in analysis and best practices for our dispatch strategies.
What you need to have
- 3+ years of proven experience in a quantitative or analytical role in creating software products and services
- Experience working on geospatial analysis, route planning, territory management or tracking intelligence will be considered as an asset
- Master’s Degree degree in Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Advanced Analytics, Business Analytics or other quantitative discipline
- Programming skills to automate workflows and build reproducible analyses, using your tools of choice, that might include Python, R or similar languages
- Exceptional hands-on knowledge of SQL and databases querying
- Hands-on experience in using leading data visualization tools (preferably Tableau) for producing engaging and useful insights
- Strong statistics and analytical skills, problem-solving approach, and business acumen
- Excellent communication skills to be able to share compelling data-driven narratives
- Ability to collaborate with individuals from varying backgrounds and skill sets
What you’ll be doing
- Supervise, analyse, visualise and communicate key insights and metrics internally to dispatch domain and to all parts of the business, including senior management
- Proactively use data and identify areas of opportunity to drive value and competitive advantage, by digging into different sources such as internal data of dispatch, pricing, growth, finance, fraud and other
- Recommend solutions to complex business problems, with the ability to draft detailed documentation, share compelling data stories and support stakeholders with data and statistics
- Proactively contribute to strengthening our experimentation framework efforts, by providing your expertise on metrics, statistics and visualisation of results
- Lead the way for clean and reliable dispatch data, as well as collection of new data points to inform product decisions
- Develop, implement and maintain internal reports that improve our ability to proactively and reactively measure and act on our dispatch strategy
- Be responsible for the design and implementation of real-time automated rules, systematically considering dispatch optimisation alongside with business impact
- Support and mentor other team members, as well as be an advocate for a data-driven approach across the organisation
- Collaborate with various stakeholders to create a set of training related to dispatch guided by your insights and analysis
What's in it for you:
- Competitive full-time salary
- Private Health Coverage on the Company’s group program.
- Beat rides-travel in our city for free, at the tap of a button.
- Breakfast, high-quality daily lunch on a very low cost, fruit and snacks all day long
- Flexible working hours, top Line tools, Spanish Lessons
- Working in a hyper-growth environment, you will enjoy numerous learning and career development opportunities
- A great opportunity to grow and work with the most amazing people in the industry.
- Being part of an environment that offers challenging goals, autonomy and mentoring, which creates incredible opportunities, both for you and the company.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Beat is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion.