Senior Security Data Analyst
Posted 1 month ago
There is only one Data Cloud. Snowflake’s founders started from scratch and designed a data platform built for the cloud that is effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. But it didn’t stop there. They engineered Snowflake to power the Data Cloud, where thousands of organizations unlock the value of their data with near-unlimited scale, concurrency, and performance. This is our vision: a world with endless insights to tackle the challenges and opportunities of today and reveal the possibilities of tomorrow.
We’re looking for a Senior Data Analyst to join our growing Security Compliance Analytics. Traditionally, cybersecurity has been categorized as reactive, limited and falling short of its goal of providing assurance to businesses and their customers. Advances in data platform technology offer an opportunity to significantly address these industry-wide shortcomings.
In this role, you will have the unique opportunity to enable data-driven and actionable insights that uphold our mission and pushes Snowflake forward. Creating solutions that provide real time insights into the state of critical security controls that effectively highlight important risk areas. In addition to continuously monitoring established metrics, you will be helping implement solutions that actively alert key individuals when the state of these controls are alarming.
- Understand security business requirements, translating them into technical specifications including how data should be modeled, tested and measured for analysis, reporting and data quality assurance.
- Own end to end process of defining and publishing KPIs and metrics including getting agreement from stakeholders, validation, documentation, standardization and driving automation. Work with various leaders in Security, IT, Engineering and HR to arrive at the reporting dashboards and KPIs.
- Develop and maintain data models, reports/dashboards, data automation solutions, and performance metrics models that support key business decisions.
- Discover data insights and present findings to executive leadership that effectively communicate trends, patterns and highlight relevant risks using data.
- Help automate manual audit activities part of critical security control frameworks by deploying data solutions via our internal SIEM to proactively identify, evaluate and monitor potential compliance violations and findings.
- Perform data quality testing and assurance as a part of designing, building and implementing scalable data solutions in SQL.
- Perform cross system data validation in order to troubleshoot and investigate potential data inconsistencies.
- Provide support to escalate and triage data quality issues across the data and engineering organizations, outlining path to remediation and assigning/tracking tasks to various teams (engineering, analytics, information technology) where collaboration is required.
- Increase the adoption of data solutions by ensuring end user’s and expected audience’s requirements are effectively met.
- Develop user friendly documentation to communicate the use and value add of data solutions.
- Your background includes 7+ years of experience as a Data Analyst.
- Advanced in SQL - experience writing sophisticated and optimized SQL Queries that span millions of data points.
- Experience utilizing statistical methodology to interpret and analyze data sets to derive meaningful trends and patterns. You may need to use data science algorithms or statistical models. Data Science knowledge or experience is a big advantage.
- Programming experience includes expertise in visualization tools like Tableau or Looker. Proficient in telling business stories with data.
- Strong business acumen, analysis skills including written communication and presentation development. Experience with communicating findings and trends to various stakeholders, including departmental heads, management, and individual contributors.
- Demonstrated strong collaboration skills and ability to work cross functionally. Mentoring junior team members as and when required.
Snowflake is growing fast, and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge ordinary thinking, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Snowflake.
How do you want to make your impact?