Senior AI Engineer (f/m/d) for NLP on mobiles for 18 months in Leased Labor
Munich, Bavaria, Germany
Huawei is a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider. Driven by a commitment to operations, ongoing innovation, and open collaboration, we have established a competitive ICT portfolio of end-to-end solutions in Telecom and enterprise networks, Devices and Cloud technology and services. Our ICT solutions, products and services are used in more than 170 countries and regions, serving over one-third of the world's population. With 180,000 employees, Huawei is committed to develop the future information society and build a Better Connected World.
Huawei's Munich Research Center is responsible for Advanced technology research, Architectural development, Design and strategic engineering of our products.
Now we are looking for an experienced Senior AI Engineer (f/m/d) for NLP on mobiles to join our Device Software Lab for 18 months as Leased Labor with strong knowledge in engineering machine learning models for natural language processing on mobiles (especially for Android devices).
- Work together with international partner and expert in NLP in a research project to move/port as much as possible of their NLP solutions (e.g., machine translation, name entity recognition, natural language understanding) to Huawei mobiles/edge devices
- Perform ML architecture improvements (improve on-device inference speed, explore different alternative architectures using Transformer or a CNN instead of RNN; modifying layers etc.)
- Perform Model distillation (training a smaller model with the same data that will replicate the behavior of the original model as good as possible)
- Perform model compression (e.g. by quantization/pruning)
- Work on demonstrator application for conversational agent on mobile
- PhD in machine learning
- Strong expertise in Engineering Machine Learning models, especially using machine learning frameworks (i.e. Tensorflow) to develop models for Natural Language Processing (including BERT and BERT variations)
- Strong expertise in deploying ML models to mobiles and especially NLP solutions to Android devices
- Experiences in working on conversational agents (e.g. chat bots, voice assistants) on Android
- Knowledge of Python, C/C++ and Java/Kotlin for developing ML models and prototyping mobile applications and demonstrators on mobile devices
- Experience working on EU research projects is a plus
- Good communications skills
- Fluent in English language
By applying to this position, you agree with our RECRUITMENT PRIVACY STATEMENT. You can read in full our recruitment privacy statement via the link below.
Our culture is characterized by innovative power and team spirit as well as the intensive exchange of knowledge and experience within our global network.
Self-responsible work in a competent, motivated and constantly growing team.
If you are enthusiastic in shaping Huawei’s Munich Research Center together with a multicultural team of highly skilled Engineers and Researchers, feel free to contact us. Driving future technologies focused on the customer experience is our main mission. Apply now!
Please send your application and CV (incl. cover letter and reference letters) in English.