Data Analyst, Revenue and Reporting
Seattle, WA OR New York, NY OR San Francisco, CA
Generate insights and impact from data.
We’re looking for a data analyst who is excited about applying their analytical skills to understand our users and influence decision making. If you are naturally data curious, excited about deriving insights from data, and motivated by having impact on the business, we want to hear from you.
Stripe builds the most powerful and flexible products for running an internet business. We handle billions of dollars each year and enable millions of users around the world to scale faster and more efficiently by building their businesses on Stripe. Sitting atop our payments platform are applications to manage revenue, prevent fraud, expand internationally, and many others.
You’ll be working with the Revenue and Reporting team to build and optimize a suite of holistic revenue management products for ambitious internet businesses, including subscriptions, invoice generation and reconciliation, business analytics, reporting and integration with third-party accounting systems—a robust set of building blocks which may be combined in creative ways to run almost any type of business on Stripe. In this role, you’ll partner closely with Product, Engineering, UX Research, Marketing, Sales, Finance and Data Science teams to establish a rigorous analytical foundation for decision making.
You will build tools and analyses that will inform the entire product lifecycle, from product strategy, go-to-market and pricing to optimizing user experience and growing product adoption post-launch. We are actively seeking candidates from a diverse background.
- Partner closely with Product, Engineering, UX Research, Marketing, Sales, Finance and Data Science teams to shape product strategy using rigorous data solutions
- Drive the collection of new data and the refinement of existing data sources
- Conduct analyses and opportunity sizing to define addressable markets and operational opportunities for improvement
- Use analytical techniques to solve complex problems and drive business decisions
- Develop compelling dashboards and automated reporting related to key performance metrics
- Design, implement and launch innovative data solutions to empower data-driven decisions at scale
You’d ideally have:
- 3+ years experience in product analytics. A track record of leadership and innovation is a big plus
- Ability to synthesize complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Extensive experience and passion for metrics and dashboards visualizations
- Highly skilled at writing SQL to query relational databases; knowledge of R or Python is a plus
- Demonstrated track record of identifying, scoping, and leading complex data projects with cross-functional partners and high business impact
- Degree in a quantitative field (e.g., Statistics, Economics, Math, Sciences, Engineering)
Nice to haves:
- Experience working with a user-facing product team
What’s it like to work at Stripe?
Stripe is helping the internet fulfill its potential as a platform for economic progress by building software tools that accelerate global economic access and technological development. Stripe makes it easy to start, run and scale an internet business from anywhere in the world.
We look at Stripe as a constant work in progress and the same is true of our people; for all of us, we believe the best is yet to come. We’re here to support each other in our curiosity and creativity – which we pursue through thoughtful discussion and knowledge-sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues.
We want to work in a company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well. The kind of people who are committed to going out of their way to help other Stripes in the short-term and pushing them to improve over the long-term (by helping them to get better at what they do).
We’re a highly cross-functional organization and view that as part of the fun: we design our space to encourage as much collaboration as possible. We have long tables in the kitchen for a reason (to enable everyone to meet new people and learn from them). We also have a culture of transparency that we carry through to email communication, ensuring that Stripes all around the world have the information they need to make good local decisions.
In both our products and our people, we aim to reflect, represent and advocate for all of our users, globally. Our users transcend geography, culture and language; what we share, collectively, is a drive to create a fairer, more economically interconnected world.