Head of Data Insight
We’re looking for a Head of Data Insight to join our data discipline here at Monzo. This is a unique opportunity to build a new central insights area within our data discipline. You'll be able to develop and nurture a team of data scientists to explore customer insights at Monzo with a remit across all of our features and products. You and your team will enable great decisions that to build impactful products that help our customers on their financial journey.
You’ll help us with the following questions and challenges:
- How do different user segments interact with Monzo?
- What roles do virality and network effects play in driving Monzo's organic growth?
- What are the key drivers of users recommending Monzo?
- What interactions do we see between product usage? How can we use this to inform pricing?
Data At Monzo
Our Data team's mission is to Enable Monzo to Make Better Decisions, Faster
At the core of this mission sits our data platform. We're great believers in powerful, real-time analytics and empowerment of the wider business. Every engineer at Monzo is responsible for collection of relevant analytics events from their microservices. We optimise for simplicity and re-usability – all our data lives in one place and is made available via our data warehouse in Google BigQuery. 90% of day-to-day data-driven decisions are covered by self-serve analytics through Looker which gives data scientists the head space to focus on more impactful business questions and analyses.
You should apply if
- You have experience hiring and managing a team of high performing data scientists and analysts
- You can set best practice on complicated analytical and data science problems, translating business questions into technical investigations
- You enjoy collaborating and working closely with senior stakeholders across product, design, operations, commercial and user research
- You're used to distilling high quality insights from quantitative data into tangible recommendations
- You're extremely outcome and user focused and enjoy supporting teams to make better decisions with data
- This role will be London based but will be remote until our offices open up again.
- We can help you relocate to London & we can sponsor visas.
- We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team.
- The application process consists of a 30 mins phone call with a recruiter, an initial call with someone from the team, followed by 3-4 final interviews remotely via hangouts. We promise not to ask you any brain teasers or trick questions.
Equal Opportunity Statement
At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.