Machine Learning Engineer (P3)
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Machine Learning Engineer to be a key member of the Email Platform Intelligence Engineering team in Bangalore, India. You will be joining other teams of engineers in our new Bangalore office. You will be part of a team responsible for solutions that deliver important intelligence from a number of critical systems, ensuring that Twilio is the leader in trusted communications. You will collaborate with your team members and cross functionally with other teams across time zones to develop and integrate high scale models that range from improving sender deliverability to helping us provide customer facing features. You will build sophisticated models and will be responsible for highly available, diligent, and cost efficient implementations. You will work with Product, Architecture, and Engineering peers to execute on the roadmap. A successful candidate will be a self-starter, phenomenal teammate, and be comfortable with rapid change and uncertainty.
Twilio is looking for a ML Engineer who lives the Twilio Magic. You should also have:
- 4+ years of applied ML experience in statistical and mathematical modelling such as supervised and unsupervised machine learning, deep learning, and/or reinforcement learning
- Ph.D., MS, or BS in Computer Science, Data Science, Statistics, or related field
- Hands on experience developing, deploying and supervising large scale machine learning models in production
- Testing and maintaining models in production through A/B testing, retraining, supervising model performance
- Experience with modern data storage, messaging, and processing tools (Kafka, Spark, Hadoop, Cassandra, etc.) and proven experience designing and coding in big-data components such as DynamoDB or similar
- Embody a DevOps culture, delivering operationally mature systems that are highly available, resilient, and maintainable
- Success at participating in multi-functional teams; naturally collaborative
- Excellent written and oral communication skills enabling you to articulate sophisticated, technical material to a non-technical audience
- Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking
- Strong belief in automation over toil
As a Machine Learning Engineer, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER: Participate in all aspects of software development from planning, implementation, code reviews, quality assurance, to service operation.
- DON’T SETTLE: Ensure you and your team are producing high quality, well-architected and supportable systems.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Ensure customer trust and service reliability remain at the forefront of our priorities
- WRITE IT DOWN & RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Develop proven plans for the “how” of engineering, communicating software architecture and design to the team and partners, and crafting effective run books for operational maturity.
- BE BOLD: Help us take one of the world’s most extensive communication data sets and transform it into ground breaking AI applications and products that tackle meaningful customer problems
- BE INCLUSIVE: Collaborate and brainstorm product ideas with product managers, other data scientists and engineers
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Your team will ship phenomenal platform features that delight your customers. You will get to know your customers and walk in their shoes. How will you listen to your customers’ challenges, see opportunities, craft solutions, and deliver the right value at the right time?
- DRAW THE OWL: You will build the first intelligence platform in the Email Platform Business Unit. You will forge the vision for defining and demonstrating insights through high scale automation to enhance customer experience.
The Email Platform sends over 3 Billion emails on behalf of our customers per day. We generate and process more than 15 Billion analytical records per day. Our customers rely on us for insights and actions to maintain the health of their email programs and crucial communications to their customers. The Email Intelligence Platform team will be integral to this mission.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed, and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation, and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our office in Bangalore. You will be partnering closely with our Delivery Operations team and Email Platform leadership located in Denver, Colorado and Southern California. You will be expected to maintain flexibility in your schedule to partner with these teams. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.