Software Engineer, Machine Learning - Data
The front page of the internet, Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities.
The User Understanding team is a key part of the machine learning strategy at Reddit and serves as the central location for accessing and leveraging inferences and aggregations about users. We power ML with real-time, reliable, and ethics-driven user features.
How You'll Have Impact
As the 6th largest site on the internet, Reddit generates billions of events and terabytes of data in a day. You will own projects from ideation to production instead of being stuck making small incremental gains on enterprise systems. We are looking for Infrastructure and Data Engineers to join us in solving problems in order to enable products that millions of users will love, and ultimately bring community and belonging to Reddit’s users. We are a team of builders that value impact, personal growth, openness and kindness.
What You’ll Do
As an engineer on the User Understanding team, you will design and build high-scale pipelines that process billions of events a day. You will partner with machine learning engineers and data scientists to build foundational user features for training and serving. Your work will power feeds ranking, content understanding, recommendations and much more.
- Design, build and maintain Reddit's User Feature Store
- Build feature pipelines that process and transform 40B+ daily events
- Collaborate with data engineers, infrastructure engineers, and machine learning engineers to find technical solutions to complex challenges
- Participate in the full software development cycle: design, develop, QA, deploy, experiment, and analyze
- Partner in the development of a state-of-the-art ML platform that powers the next generation of deep learning, natural language processing, recommendation systems, representation learning and computer vision
- 4+ years of experience with large-scale data pipelines and tools such as Kafka/Flink
- 4+ years of experience writing clean, maintainable code in Python or Scala
- 4+ years of experience with distributed large scale data storage systems like Cassandra and Redis
- Experience with backend development
- Strong design and architecture skills
- Able to take ownership of entire projects and communicate about them
- Passionate about sharing knowledge and growing others around you
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with batch data processing
- Experience with Machine Learning