Head of Data Privacy - Global
Posted 1 month ago
Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products on the planet. For nearly 10 years, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises. Today, we are proud to have served millions of customers globally. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,300 employees who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
Remitly is looking for an experienced Head of Data Privacy to lead and protect our customers, employees, and third-party personal data through the delivery of a global data privacy program, driving change and accountability across the Remitly global business to protect and maintain trust. Reporting to our General Counsel, you will lead Remitly's privacy and data protection function and be an essential member of our growing team working with Remitly's legal, information security, compliance and operations teams.
What You'll Do
- Support our global business by informing and advising on Remitly's obligations under global privacy and data protection laws and practices (including GDPR, GLBA and CCPA), as they may apply across our services and business operations.
- Lead Remitly's global data protection and privacy program, including related procedures in compliance with relevant laws and guidance. This includes: building processes involving data subject rights, managing data processor registers, data protection impact assessments, and implementing the Remitly security incident reporting procedures.
- You'll oversee new products and services being implemented to ensure compliance with global regulations
- Work closely with the Remitly legal team privacy counsel, and other key departments to ensure the global data protection and privacy program is properly supported and monitored.
- Communicate with global data protection and privacy regulators and ensure that all registrations and notifications are managed, and partner with other external stakeholders (advisors, vendors, partners).
- Monitor and anticipate changes to relevant regulations and guidance and then drive changes to policies and procedures to respond.
- Establish an internal data protection and privacy audit program.
- Conduct on-going privacy training and awareness activities for Remitly staff.
- Lead other relevant privacy and data protection projects.
Who You Are:
- 6+ years experience of data protection compliance advisory work
- You have recognized Data Protection / Legal / IT security qualifications (e.g., CIPP/E, CIPP/US, CIPT)
- You have a practical understanding of multi jurisdictional data protection law and practice (including UK, EU, US, and Canada), with relevant experience supporting a data protection program. (Experience of data protection laws in other regions such as the Philippines, Singapore and Australia advantageous)
- Experience supporting a major change or improvement program.
- You've worked in a centralized team, delivering data protection tools, training, and projects.
- You're experienced working with an audit methodology at a regulator / compliance level.
- You liaise and work with senior executives and the board of directors
- You can identify a range of data protection and privacy risks and advise within a structured commercial framework
- You're willing to travel globally (when permitted within company and Government safety guidelines)
- Bonus if you've had a focus and knowledge of the Fin-tech industry
- Ideally, you've worked in a company during a period of growth from hundreds to thousands of employees, and whose reach was global
- Team leadership experience a plus.
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
- Scholars program
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer