ServiceTitan is looking for a Data Engineer to join our data team. Strong candidates will have solid command of the SQL, ETL operations, and SSIS packages in addition to very strong analytical and critical thinking skills. The most critical portion of the role is deconstructing and re-interpreting databases from other software to translate them into our database. It also includes support of existing, and development of new automated import methods. The candidate will work closely with cross departmental resources to ensure on time delivery of transferred data for customers adoption of ServiceTitan.
Our Data Engineers receive projects and deadlines from several departments. The ability to own tasks, clearly communicate requirements, delays, completion and prioritize a constantly shifting schedule of deadlines is paramount.
This work is highly critical to successfully building our company. It is the lynchpin of the sales and onboarding process. Data concerns are a blocker for most of our customers, so delivering high quality, highly accurate transfers is absolutely crucial and greatly appreciated by both our customers and our company.
What you'll do
- Manage a wide variety of tasks with shifting priorities and tight deadlines
- Clearly communicate project status’ and updates with the onboarding team in a timely manner for successful delivery.
- Find and employ methods for transferring sources of data we have not previously encountered
- Evaluate and understand database structures then interpret them into our model
- Write queries to correct, reformat or move data
- Update and maintain a repository of useful scripts
What you'll need
- 2 or more years of experience with SQL Server
- Advanced knowledge and experience in T-SQL
- Experience with complex ETL tools and operations.
- Experience with SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Good understanding of database and data model concepts
- Experience in C# or Java is a plus
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Able to identify relationships within databases and make infer the developers intent based on structure and values
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment with tight deadlines and high expectations
ServiceTitan is the world’s leading and fastest-growing software technology platform for the trades, a trillion-dollar global industry. We help small business entrepreneurs run and grow their businesses. For more information about ServiceTitan, visit www.ServiceTitan.com.
Perks & Benefits
1. Work/Life Balance: flexible work schedule, flexible PTO
2. Family-Friendly Benefits: extended parental leave, pregnancy support, 20k in adoption reimbursement, Snoo Smart Sleeper, back-up childcare credits, legal benefit, discounted pet insurance
3. Enrichment: ongoing learning culture with access to Linkedin Learning and professional development workshops, diversity charter groups, orientation program, career pathing opportunities, mentorship programs
4. Health & Wellness: company-paid medical/vision/dental/life insurance/disability, employer HSA contribution, free One Medical membership, care coordination support, 401(k) with company match, stipend for home office equipment/supplies, gym discounts, monthly cell phone stipend
Equal Opportunity Employer
ServiceTitan does not discriminate against employees based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, age, disability, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), genetic information, protected military or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. At ServiceTitan, our mission is to help our Titans and customers achieve the extraordinary. We are an equal opportunity employer and we celebrate the diversity that each Titan brings to the table. We believe that the convergence of fresh, unique perspectives and experiences from all walks of life is what makes our product and culture so great - and there's always room for more.
CCPA Notice for CA Residents applying to Jobs at ServiceTitan
Please review the CCPA Notice here: ServiceTitan CCPA California Privacy Notice
Life at ServiceTitan