Senior Data Engineer
As a Senior Data Engineer at Tanium, you’ll be a core member of the IT organization having the ownership of the enterprise data warehouse (EDW) and be responsible for all aspects of strategy, architecture, design, construction, testing, maintenance, and support of the EDW platform along with the associated data pipelines from multiple business applications. You are also responsible for creating data set processes for verification, acquisition, mining and modeling. You will be directly involved in business enablement for BI and Analytics as well as strategic planning and implementation of various data engineering tools and technologies. This position also includes development and continuous improvement of the engagement with business and other IT teams for the promotion of centralized Data platform with decentralized BI & analytics across the entire enterprise.
What you’ll do:
- Own and be accountable for the overall architecture, configuration, build, governance, security, health, usage, and overall integrity of a centralized Snowflake data warehouse platform.
- Create, maintain and optimize data pipelines and related infrastructure for scale and operating efficiency
- Be responsible for extraction, transformation, and loading of data from various data sources including but not limited to Salesforce, NetSuite ERP, SuccessFactors, Coupa, and other corporate applications to meet functional business requirements
- Work with business stakeholders and power users to understand their BI and Analytics needs, define and implement required data models to facilitate the creation and maintenance of business-centric dashboards and performance metrics.
- Identifying, designing, and implementing internal process improvements including re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, optimizing data delivery, automating manual processes, and improving governance and data quality
- Timely resolution of all data-related bugs and technical issues
- Work with leadership to develop, enhance and support a self-service model for decentralized analytics teams in various business functions across the enterprise.
- Maintain a culture of transparency, accountability, and efficiency within the Business Systems organization and with all stakeholders
- Manage and maintain relationships with vendors and suppliers for continuous adaption and optimization of Snowflake platform and implementation of value-added data/ETL enhancements
- Execution of corporate compliance mandates as necessary, including GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), CMMC (Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification), and execution of ISO27001 policies and procedures
- Conduct research and make recommendations on products & services for rationalization and improvement
We’re looking for someone with:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years in a Data Engineering role with exposure to data architecture and pipeline management and/or integration responsibilities
- Expertise in Snowflake
- Expertise in relational NoSQL and SQL databases, workflow management and pipeline tools
- Hands-on experience with Fivetran, Dell Boomi, Informatica or Airflow
- Hands-on experience with PowerBI is a plus
- Familiarity with Kanban methodology
- Google CPDE or IBM CDE certifications are a plus
At Tanium, we offer a proven platform for endpoint visibility and control that transforms how the world's largest and most sophisticated organizations manage and secure their computing devices with unparalleled speed and agility. There’s a reason why more than half of the Fortune 100, top retailers and financial institutions, and four branches of the US Armed Forces rely on Tanium.
Our unstoppable spirit, drive to do the right thing and win as a team attitude has earned us the rank of 7th on the Forbes list of “Top 100 Private Companies in Cloud Computing” for 2019 and 10th on FORTUNE’s list of the “100 Best Medium Workplaces.”
On a mission. Together.
At Tanium, we are stewards of a culture that emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect, and diversity. In our pursuit of revolutionizing the way some of the largest enterprises and governments in the world solve their most difficult IT challenges, we are strengthened by our unique perspectives and by our collective actions.
We are an organization with stakeholders around the world and it’s imperative that the diversity of our customers and communities is reflected internally in our team members. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed and grow because we know that only together can we do great things.
At Tanium, we take care of our employees and their communities with things like 5 days of Volunteer Time Off.