Staff, Data Engineer (L4) - Marketing Campaigns
Denver, Colorado, United States
Posted 1 month ago
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking an experienced Data Engineer to join one of our Machine Learning teams. As a Data Engineer at Twilio, you'll have the great opportunity to help drive the state-of-the-art intelligent data pipelines that feed our machine learning systems which are all backed by a literal torrent of real-time and historic data across Twilio's many communication channels.
- 5+ years working on large-scale data engineering projects using cluster-computing frameworks like Apache Spark or Apache Hadoop or Databricks.
- You understand how to build fault-tolerant data serving applications that work in batch and either worked on streaming data applications or are aware of what it would take to make the switch
- Clear understanding of Data Modeling standard methodologies and techniques
- Experience applying ETL standard methodologies to online and offline Data via application driven Data Pipelines
- You have experience debugging and solving Data Pipelines
- Experience with feature engineering and machine learning model training
- Experience working in an agile team environment
- Experience with Distributed Systems and Functional Programming is encouraged
- Experience working with Cloud-Native infrastructure (AWS/Azure/GDP)
- Experience with Python a plus
- Experience with Kafka a plus
- You have a solid understanding of object-oriented design patterns and standard methodologies.
- You have experience owning production data sets and are comfortable being a Data Steward for the Machine Learning Engineers and Data Scientists on the team
- You have a good handle on SQL and NoSQL and the trade-offs of each
- Help drive standards within the team
- You love Data and enjoy the art of problem solving!
You live the Twilio Magic values:
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Be part of a small, high-impact and hardworking engineering team. Show strong engagement in the team setting and collaborate across multiple subject areas.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Passion for and demonstrated track record of executing product opportunities deeply grounded in customer needs
- DRAW THE OWL: Self-starter who can see the big picture and prioritize work to make the largest impact
- BE BOLD: Help us take one of the world’s most extensive communication data sets and transform it into cutting-edge AI applications and products that solve meaningful customer problems
- BE INCLUSIVE: Collaborating and brainstorming product ideas with product managers, machine learning engineers, data scientists and software engineers
- DON’T SETTLE: Experienced working at a massive scale with distributed, scalable systems, including making tradeoffs for consistency/availability
- NO SHENANIGANS: Experience successfully applying data science and machine learning to real-world problems
Twilio is truly unique; We put people first, do the right thing, and succeed together. We are an AI team at Twilio consisting of Machine Learning Engineers, Software Engineers, and Data Scientists. Our team is focused on delivering Machine Learning API services that help our customers optimize their messaging strategy and communicate effectively with their own customers. We are looking for a Data Engineer to lead our team in building out our Feature Store for Machine Learning, and develop our data pipeline for models in production.
We have a strong belief that our people are the most important part of our business. We incorporate this philosophy into our practices and we live it every day. This means we have generous traditional benefits and take a lot of time to focus on quality management and leadership development. We also strive to ensure each person in the company is in the right job, knows how his or her job contributes to the overall company mission and has a clear sense of career growth and direction. We have great employee retention over the years because people love coming to work here and really feel like they're part of something special.
This position can be located in our Denver office, or remote. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role hired in Colorado.
$132,928 - $166,160
Rest of Colorado:
$116,312 - $159,929
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks