TS/SCI Data Engineer/Developer
Washington, District Of Columbia, US
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Seeking a talented, versatile data engineer / software developer with TS/SCI clearance. The data engineer will be part of a small agile team working on government site that analyzes mission requirements and translate them into cloud services, APIs and UI/UX for government customers. The team is fast-paced, collaborative, and cohesive, and depends on team members to communicate openly and to design solutions and deliver quality code on a regular, aggressive clip
The position is for a hands-on engineer/developer who will provide full-time support in the areas of database design, data manipulations, tailored script / algorithm development, and API development.
They will enhance software functionality based on rapidly evolving mission needs and technology opportunities. The engineer/developer will design, develop, integrate, test, and deploy software using a combination of custom, open source, and off-the-shelf (GOTS/COTS) software packages and a variety of data types (structured, unstructured, non-text).
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- US Citizen with active TS//SCI security clearance required on Day 1
- 1+ year demonstrated hands-on experience designing, accessing and maintaining graph databases (e.g. Neo4j)
- 3+ years of demonstrated hands-on experience with Python
- 3+ years of demonstrated hands-on experience utilizing Pandas data frames
- 1 + years of experience with Agile software development, Scrum, Git/GitHub and software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Self-starter with an ability to work independently and in a collaborative team environment including on government site where availability of advanced development/database tools may be limited
- Strong problem-solving, critical thinking, and analysis skills.
- Ability to articulate complex analytic problems, work effectively without detailed instructions, collaborate and ask questions
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- 1+ year experience using Pytest or equivalent code testing frameworks
- 1+ year experience working a cloud environment (AWS, Azure, IBM Cloud)
- 1+ year experience supporting DOJ, FBI and/or Intelligence Community clients
- Polygraph strongly preferred (CI or FSP)
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
IBM intends this job to be performed entirely outside of Colorado.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: API Development AWS Consulting Open Source Pandas Python Research Scrum Security UX
Job region(s): North America
Job stats: 15 0 0