Senior Data Scientist, Core Experience Analytics
San Francisco, New York City, Remote
The front page of the internet, Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities.
The Core Experience team at Reddit is focused on bringing a modern and cohesive experience to all of Reddit’s platforms. We want Reddit users to experience best-in-class UI/UX on every platform. Reddit should be intuitive for new users and delightful to use for existing users.
As the first Data Scientist on the Core User Experience team, you will directly drive this mission forward. You will be responsible for helping shape how the most senior levels of the organization think and talk about our users by analyzing user trends, identifying cross-functional insights, and directly impacting our strategic and user experience roadmap.
- Partner with senior leaders in Data Science and Product to define Reddit's vision for the core user experience
- Work very closely with senior leaders in Product and Data Science to generate insights, materials for senior executive committee and board meetings
- Define key metrics and analyses that represent the nature and physics of the users in the platform, and what users think about the platform (NPS, user retention, user segmentations, etc.)
- Interface across a large number of cross-functional stakeholders (Product, Data, Design, Research) to reach alignment, influence the vision and roadmap
- Build and own data analysis products and analytical processes (ETLs, data collection and aggregation) to support with the activities described above
What We Can Expect From You:
- 2+ years of experience in analytics roles
- 2+ years of experience preparing materials, conducting meetings and communicating at the C-level / board-level (strategy consulting or similar experience in a large organization)
- 2+ years of experience managing multiple stakeholder relationships across cross-functional teams
- Bachelor’s degree or above in a quantitative major (e.g., mathematics, statistics, computer science).
- Proficiency with SQL and Python programming languages
- Experience with dash-boarding tools and data visualization
- Familiarity with experimentation and causal inference analyses
- Natural Language Processing (NLP) experience, Net Promoter Score (NPS) Survey Analysis experience preferred
- Consumer product, consumer goods, e-commerce experience preferred but not required