Senior Data Engineer
Senior Data Engineer
Elastic is a free and open search company that powers enterprise search, observability, and security solutions built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real-time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Barclays, Cisco, eBay, Fairfax, ING, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe. Learn more at elastic.co.
We’re always on the search for amazing people. The Business Systems Team consists of people who have real passion for what they do and are masters at their craft. We reflect the larger company philosophy, to solve data problems, but focus internally on the systems we build and the internal partners we support. Agile in our processes, we strive to push the boundaries of our best-of-breed platforms to build an elite systems operation. Our team thinks smart, strategic and scalable, and will push you to do the same. In this role, you will drive both the continued expansion of our application portfolio and growth of your team.
Business Systems Overview
As a Senior Data Engineer, you will play a critical role in developing mission critical data workflows for our Data & Integrations team. You will be responsible for the end to end process of designing, developing, testing and deploying data integration workflows. Collaboration with the business stakeholders will be key in designing a scalable and efficient workflow. This role involves working with major SaaS platforms like Salesforce, Netsuite, Marketo and giving you the creative canvas to help Elastic be efficient and automated for years to come.What You Will Be Doing:
- Developing and managing data integration workflows between platforms using Talend & Workato that are efficient, scalable and performant
- Collaborating with stakeholders (Engineering, Product, Marketing, Sales, Support, Finance) to design efficient and scalable solutions
- Maintain existing data integration flows including bug fixes and feature requests
- 4+ years of experience working with a integration platform like Talend, Mulesoft, Informatica, or Workato
- 1+ year of demonstrated experience in an object oriented language (ex: Java, Python)
- Extensive experience integrating with REST & SOAP APIs using JSON/XML documents
- Experience with different ETL techniques & data modeling approaches
- Knowledge of data objects for SaaS platforms like Salesforce, Netsuite and Marketo
- Experience writing SQL scripts to analyze datasets
- Server administration (ex: Linux)
- Experience in building integrations with Workday
- Experience with the Elastic Stack (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana)
- Demonstrated experience launch business-critical data pipelines and workflows
- Being awesome <3
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our search might be focused in certain areas, but we are looking for great talent across the globe/region and we will consider candidates that are not residing in the locations listed below.
Target Locations: Austin, TX; Denver, CO; Washington, DC; Atlanta, GA; London, UK; Prague, Czech Republic.