Senior Data Engineer
We are looking for an outstanding data engineer with experience in data analytics to join Recorded Future’s Analytics Team within the R&D organisation. You will be joining a group of talented engineers, linguists, and data scientists that share a common interest in solving challenging data analytics tasks in large distributed systems with rich data. The team responsibilities include core parts of the analytics pipeline such as data harvesting, natural language processing, structured data analytics, predictive analysis, and more. We strive to make our data as actionable and comprehensive as possible and have fun while doing it.
You would get the chance to develop great software in a fast-moving environment in close connection to our global clients and their needs. Together we’ll improve our product to meet increasing demands, whilst focusing on scalability and quality. You will also get a chance to experiment with new technology and explore what solutions are most suitable for solving real-world problems. You would join a dynamic team that is eager to take on new challenges and are passionate about what they do.
What you will be doing:
- Solve exciting and difficult problems related to vast data volumes, real-time analysis, and threat intelligence
- Work together with our Product Management to understand and deliver expected results
- Continuously design, develop and deploy analytics technology to support new and existing features with a focus on high availability, great quality, low latency, and scalability
- Measure and evaluate features and system metrics to continuously improve data quality and service performance
- Access to the energy, velocity, and freedom of an entrepreneurial culture
- Take initiatives and collaborate across teams
- Be proactive, go beyond expectations
What you will need:
- Strong experience as a data engineer, especially in data analytics development (you can apply machine learning, statistical approaches, rules, or plain old common sense to tackle any problem coming your way)
- Highly proficient in Java / Scala and/or Python
- Experience in API development
- Ability to work all the way from high-level architecture design down to efficient code
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively advocate technical solutions to research scientists, engineering teams, and business audiences
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent education/work experience
- English is a must
Bonus points for:
- Experience from working with NLP understanding concepts like POS-tagging, Named Entity Recognition, and Sentiment Analysis
- Experience in ML Ops, deploying and monitoring real-time inference models as well as ETL (extract, transform and load) pipelines
- Experience in RabbitMQ, MongoDB, Elasticsearch, Docker, AWS, and Software libraries for Machine Learning like TensorFlow, Spacy, etc.
- Experience from a DevOps role
Why should you join Recorded Future?
From over 35 nationalities, our Futurists are the perfect recipe of humility, accountability, and collaborative attitudes. Our dedication to empowering clients with elite intelligence to disrupt adversaries has earned us a 4.7-star user rating from Gartner and 8 of the top 10 Fortune 100 companies as clients.
Want more info?
Blog & Podcast: Learn everything you want to know (and maybe some things you’d rather not know) about the world of cyber threat intelligence
Instagram & Twitter: What’s happening at Recorded Future
The Record: The Record is a cybersecurity news publication that explores the untold stories in this rapidly changing field
Timeline: History of Recorded Future
We are committed to maintaining an environment that attracts and retains talent from a diverse range of experiences, backgrounds and lifestyles. By ensuring all feel included and respected for being unique and bringing their whole selves to work, Recorded Future is made a better place every day.
Recorded Future will not discharge, discipline or in any other manner discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because such employee or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant.
Recorded Future is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Recorded Future does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender including pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.