Data Scientist, Ads Measurement Analytics
San Francisco, New York City, Remote
The front page of the internet,” Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
We are looking for a Data Scientist to work within the Ads Data team and support Marketing Sciences initiatives. You will work closely with engineers and product owners from our Ads and Marketing teams to build measurement solutions for advertisers.
- Build measurement solutions such as conversion lift studies, brand insights tools, 3rd party integrations with measurement partners etc
- Build scalable solutions by integrating lift study infrastructure into our in-house Experimentation platform
- Investigate discrepancies between 1st party and 3rd party mobile conversion data and identify gaps and product changes to improve our conversion coverage
- Run and evaluate multi-cell experiments against counterfactuals and wrangle with data issues and biases. Test out various statistical approaches to deal with data insufficiency and under-powered tests.
- Build ETLs and data aggregations to improve our understanding of ad performance and develop best practices for advertisers/AMs.
What We Can Expect From You:
- Bachelor’s degree or above in a quantitative major (e.g., mathematics, statistics, computer science).
- Proficiency in Statistics
- Proficiency with Python programming languages
- Knowledge and experience with big data tools (SQL, Big Query, Spark, Hadoop)
- Experience with dashboarding tools and data visualization
- Experience with workflow scheduling (such as Airflow) and data pipelining
- Familiarity with experimentation and causal inference analyses
- Master’s degree preferred but not required.
- 2+ years of experience in analytics roles, preferably in the Ads domain