We are looking for a business oriented Data Scientist to join our R&D center. The position is to be part of the team responsible for Via’s research in a wide variety of topics, implementing solutions, and presenting your results to senior management. Our team is working on discovering information hidden in vast amounts of data to make intelligent business decisions and to deliver better products. Critical projects will focus on data-driven insights to guide product development and business direction.
What You'll Do
- Analyze large and complex data sets to discover hidden opportunities and help translate them into real product improvements.
- Develop predictive components to be deeply embedded in the algorithm and increase system efficiency.
- Assume responsibility for your research project, from initiation and feature design, through gathering insights, to implementing solutions and monitoring their performance.
Who You Are
- MBA / M.Sc. degree in technical/quantitative disciplines or equivalent practical experience
- Strong background in analysis and modeling
- Advantage for people with consulting experience
- 4-5 years of professional experience.
- Unafraid of diving into uncharted territories.
- Hands on “can do” attitude - with a desire to tackle complex problems.
- Independent, capable of taking ownership on issues from end to end.
- Real life experience - implementing statistical and machine learning, time series analysis, mathematical modeling.
- Experience with scripting languages.
- Capable of summarizing complex data and visualizing it simply and succinctly.
- Curiosity and a will to learn new technologies.
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. Our guiding principle is simple: we know that the future of transportation is safe, dynamic, shared public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, complements existing transit infrastructure, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around. Through intelligently designed operating systems and sophisticated routing algorithms, we build localized and customizable solutions for each and every one of our global partners (100 and counting, last we checked…)
Long story short: we’re very proud to be championing the transportation evolution of cities around the world and modernizing mobility. Ready to join the ride?
Via offers above market compensation packages and benefits, including equity, health insurance, and relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.