Data Analyst, Consumer Revenue
Washington, DC/ New York, NY
As the leading independent modern media company, Vox Media ignites conversations and influences culture. Across digital, podcasts, TV, streaming, live events, and print, we tell stories that affect our audience's daily lives and entertain as much as they inform.
As a Data Analyst, Consumer Revenue you will work as part of the Analytics Team to communicate data-based successes and recommendations to stakeholders. You are analytical and creative in your data analysis, enjoy getting your hands dirty in many different data sets to investigate any problems, have a strong desire to develop an understanding of the business, our audience, and can clearly communicate results and recommendations to our product and editorial stakeholders.
You will have the opportunity to work with, and inform the direction of, a modern data stack including Airflow, Dagster, dbt, BigQuery, and Looker to manage data pipelines, ensure data integrity, and extract insights.
What you’ll do:
- You will collaborate with the consumer revenue and product teams by analyzing data to identify opportunities to improve our tactics for growing our subscriber base for New York Magazine and Vox Contributions
- Develop reports, dashboards, and tools to democratize insights to appropriate stakeholders.
- Ensure that our data collection is optimal, up to date, and in sync with product enhancements and features. You’ll work to define technical implementation specifications that are resilient, and consistent with our larger implementation plan.
- Model raw data from a number of sources into meaningful, reliable, and well-documented tables to enable new areas of analysis.
- Effectively communicate approaches, frameworks, and findings to scale your work across the entire company through presentations, documentation, and memos to inform strategy.
What you’ll bring:
- You are comfortable analyzing and manipulating data with high-quality SQL
- You are fluent in writing Python to extract, manipulate, and analyze data
- You are interested in automation and building efficient processes and can think critically about building tools and solutions to meet analytics needs
- You are curious to discover opportunities, explain them, and follow through on solutions
- You’re able to manage multiple tracks of work at once, balancing both short-term and long-term projects simultaneously
- You are familiar with statistical methods for common business problems like forecasting, marketing attribution, A/B testing, etc
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Bonus points if
- you have worked with one or more of dbt, BigQuery, Looker
- you have experience using Google Tag Manager (or a similar tool) to instrument data collection for web analytics
- you have experience in Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics
About working at Vox Media:
This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefits—including flexible hours and generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees and to ensure that our healthcare and other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging and fun—and who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
More about Vox Media:
Our portfolio features influential and respected editorial properties including Vox, New York Magazine, The Verge, The Cut, Eater, Vulture, The Strategist, Polygon, SB Nation, Intelligencer, Curbed, Grub Street and Recode. Off-platform, the Vox Media Podcast Network offers one of the largest collections of popular podcasts, and Vox Media Studios produces and distributes the award-winning nonfiction shows. Powered by innovative technology that scales quality, the Chorus publishing platform and Concert advertising marketplace answer the always-changing needs of modern audiences, creators and marketers.
Vox Media has been named one of Fast Company’s “Most Innovative Companies in Media,” an Inc. “Company of the Year,” Digiday’s “Best Company for Parents,” and one of the Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign.