Senior Software Engineer – Data Engineering
GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. With 20 million customers worldwide, GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company visit www.GoDaddy.com.
Join our team
As a Senior Software Engineer – Data Engineering, you will help design and build self-service components of our Data Platform that empower teams across the company to leverage data in their applications. Some example applications that integrate with our Data Platform include our machine learning and experimentation platforms, analytics systems, and personalized user experiences that help our customers start and grow their business online.
We are a distributed team and you can be located anywhere in the United States. We have offices you can use in the Bay Area, in the Seattle area, in Los Angeles, in Cambridge, Massachusetts, in the Phoenix metropolitan area, and Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
What you'll get to do…
- Contribute toGoDaddy Venture data pipeline
- Partner with teams across the company on applications that require Data Platform innovation
- Design and implement improvements to batch and real-time streaming systems
- Contribute to a Data Platform that directly impacts GoDaddy customers
- Contribute to technology working groups and internal open source
Your experience should include…
- A degree in computer science or an equivalent technical degree
- You have a strong understanding of git and git-based workflows
- 5+ years of software development experience in developing and shipping software
- Designing and contributing code to production systems
- Proficiency in multiple modern programming languages
- Experience on SQL, non-SQL and in-memory database systems
- Working with streaming data platforms (Kafka, AWS Kinesis, Google Pub/Sub)
- Passion for building great software with solid test infrastructure
- Experience with large scale data processing systems like Hadoop, Spark, Flink or Beam
You might also have…
- Experience with AWS
We've got your back...
Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at email@example.com.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.