Senior Data Engineer - Data Platform
- Experience writing and optimizing complex SQL and ETL development
- Experience designing and building data warehouse, data lake or lake house solutions
- Experience with distributed systems and distributed data storage.
- Experience with large scale data warehousing solutions, like BigQuery, Athena, Snowflake, Redshift, Presto, etc.
- Experience with a batch or streaming big data processing framework such as Spark or Flink
- Strong communication and collaboration skills particularly across teams or with functions like data scientists or business analyst.
- Experience with Python, Java, or similar languages
- Experience with cloud infrastructure (e.g. GCP, AWS)
- Experience with workflow orchestrators such as Airflow or Cloud Composer
- Experience with the analytics presentation layer (Dashboards, Reporting, and OLAP)
- Experience with designing for data compliance and privacy
A little about us:
Sift is the leading innovator in Digital Trust & Safety. Hundreds of disruptive, forward-thinking companies like Airbnb, Zillow, and Twitter trust Sift to deliver outstanding customer experience while preventing fraud and abuse.
The Sift engine powers Digital Trust & Safety by helping companies stop fraud before it happens. But it’s not just another anti-fraud platform: Sift enables businesses to tailor experiences to each customer according to the risk they pose. That means fraudsters experience friction, but honest users do not. By drawing on insights from our global network of customers, Sift allows businesses to scale, win, and thrive in the digital era.
Benefits and perks:
- Competitive total compensation package
- 401k plan
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Wellness reimbursement
- Education reimbursement
- Flexible time off
Sift is an equal opportunity employer. We make better decisions as a business when we can harness diversity in our experience, data, and background. Sift is working toward building a team that represents the worldwide customers that we serve, inclusive of people from all walks of life who can bring their full selves to work every day.
This document provides transparency around the way in which Sift handles personal data of job applicants: https://sift.com/recruitment-privacy