Drawback Data Operations Associate
Atlanta, GA, Chicago, Il, New York, NY, San Fransisco, CA Los Angeles, CA
Help Facilitate Our Clients’ Duty Recovery Efforts Using Data
Flexport is experiencing massive growth with 1,700+ Flexporters across 17 global offices and warehouses. And we’re just getting started. With revenue growing at breakneck speed, Flexport is looking for a Drawback Data Operations Associate to join our Drawback and Refund Services branch of our Trade Management team. In this role, you’ll be responsible for optimizing our clients’ drawback recoveries and facilitating their drawback experience alongside some of the smartest people in the logistics industry as we collectively challenge the status quo and reduce the friction in global trade.
- Use multiple data sets from various sources and leverage quantitative methodologies to collect, perfect, structure, troubleshoot, and prepare drawback data and reports
- Assist, develop, and generate ad-hoc reporting queries, development of new reports and metrics, as well as enhancements to and support of existing metrics
- Work cross functionally to improve data integrity, completeness, and quality
- Learn to prepare US and foreign duty drawback forms, claims, and other filings as necessary for establishing and maintaining our clients’ drawback programs
- Use data to proactively investigate drawback recovery enhancements
- Learn to prepare drawback claims utilizing drawback software solutions and data
- Learn drawback regulations, statutes, processes, and policy in order to better service clients, support the business, and develop well-rounded expertise
- Manage and maintain import, export, production, and other client and claim data
- Submit documentation and claims to Customs and follow up as necessary
- Work to ensure compliance with drawback and other regulations
- Support the drawback business and manage the day-to-day drawback operations for multiple clients
You should have:
- 1-2 years of experience using mathematical, logical, and statistical data analytics
- Expertise with Microsoft Office suite with emphasis on Excel and Google equivalents, analytical tools such as vlookups, pivot tables, data manipulation, math formulas, if/ifs statements, and concatenations.
- Expert with large sets of data
- Advanced excel data modeling skills required and preferred expertise in data manipulation tools including SQL, SAS, Stata, R, etc.
- Some industry knowledge including classification, valuation, duty minimization and avoidance strategies, government regulations and rulings, and other trade information preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills and detail-oriented with superior organizational, multi-tasking, and problem-solving skills
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university required
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.