[Tech Cooperative Internship] Machine Learning Engineer Intern (4-6 months)
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodation, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 4,000+ talents coming from 90+ different nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enabling our customers to experience the world.
Get to Know our Team:
The Data department oversees all of Agoda’s data-related requirements. Our ultimate goal is to enable and increase the use of data in the company through creative approaches and the implementation of powerful resources such as operational and analytical databases, queue systems, BI tools, and data science technology. We hire the brightest minds from around the world to take on this challenge and equip them with the knowledge and tools that contribute to their personal growth and success while supporting our company’s culture of diversity and experimentation. The role the Data team plays at Agoda is critical as business users, product managers, engineers, and many others rely on us to empower their decision making. We are equally dedicated to our customers by improving their search experience with faster results and protecting them from any fraudulent activities. Data is interesting only when you have enough of it, and we have plenty. This is what drives up the challenge as part of the Data department, but also the reward.
As an intern in data team, you will assist experienced Machine Learning Engineers and Data Scientists to create new data pipelines from scratch, all the way to deploying them to production. We build real-time machine learning applications to answer questions like ranking, recommendation, and how to serve prices most efficiently. Our systems scale across multiple data centers, handling a few hundred thousand requests per second, and respond within a few milliseconds.
In this Role, you'll get to:
- Participate in cutting edge research in machine learning applications
- Contribute to the full life cycle of ML models – data analysis, modeling, tuning & productization
- Improve scalability, speed and performance of existing models
What you'll Need to Succeed:
- Studying for a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or any related fields
- Knowledge of one or more object oriented languages like Java, Python, Scala
- Knowledge of data structures and algorithms & strong problem solving skills
- Knowledge or willingness to learn Spark and Machine Learning
- Good English communication skill
It's Great if you have:
- Work or educational experience in Machine Learning or Artificial Intelligence
- Experience working with Apache Spark, Tensorflow, Caffe, Torch, Theano, or Scikit-Learn
- Experience building large-scale distributed products
- Passionate about functional programming
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.