Data Engineer: Big Data
Bangalore, Karnataka, IN
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As Data Engineer, you will develop, maintain, evaluate and test big data solutions. You will be involved in the development of data solutions using Spark Framework with Python, Scala or Java on Hadoop or Cloud Data Platforms – Azure or AWS
- Experienced in building data pipelines to Ingest, process and transform data from files, streams and databases. Process the data with Spark, Python, PySpark, Scala, Java and Hive, Hbase or other NoSQL databases on Cloud Data Platforms (AWS or Azure) or HDFS or S3
- Experienced in develop efficient software code for multiple use cases leveraging Spark Framework / using Python or Scala or Java and Big Data technologies for various use cases built on the platform
- Experience to work with Hadoop / AWS / Azure eco system components to Implement scalable solutions to meet the ever-increasing data volumes, using big data/cloud technologies Apache Spark, Kafka, any Cloud computing etc.
- Exposure to development of microservices / APIs using Springboot or similar technologies
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum 1 - 2+ years of experience in Big Data technologies
- Minimum 1+ years of experience in Spark / Python or Scala or Java programming
- Exposure to streaming solutions and message brokers like Kafka technologies
- Experience Unix / Linux Commands and basic work experience in Shell Scripting
- Demonstrated ability in solutioning covering data ingestion, data cleansing, ETL, loading data layers and exposing data for consumers
- Experience of working in DevOps and Agile environments
- collaborative environments that use agile methodologies to encourage creative design thinking and find innovative ways to develop with cutting edge technologies
- Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Certification in AWS / Azure Cloud Platforms and Data Bricks or Cloudera Spark Certified developers
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: AWS Big Data Consulting ETL Hadoop HDFS Java Kafka Linux NoSQL PySpark Python Research Scala Spark
Job region(s): Asia/Pacific