Research Scientist – Multimodal Machine Learning
Mountain View, CA
Title: Research Scientist – Multimodal Machine Learning
Company: Samsung Research America (SRA)
Lab: Artificial Intelligence Center
Location: Mountain View, CA
The AI center at Samsung Research America (SRA), located in Mountain View, CA, is looking for an outstanding and highly self-motivated researcher/engineer. We are looking for candidates with machine learning and deep learning background. You will work with a team of research scientists and engineers tackling real-world problems involving Samsung’s Artificial Intelligence initiatives. You will be involved in very promising team projects with talented people at Samsung. You will benefit a lot by working in a fun and creative environment. The AI research center is a key part of Samsung’s global R&D effort and aims to have influence on future Samsung products reaching hundreds of millions of users worldwide.
- Experience in multimodal deep learning technologies (e.g., multimodal representation learning and multimodal fusion network architecture design and architecture search, etc.)
- Experience in deep learning technologies (e.g, Transformer, CNN, RNN, Sequence to Sequence models, etc.)
- Experience in deep learning technologies on computer vision (e.g., scene understanding, object detection, etc.)
- Experience in deep learning technologies on natural language processing (e.g., language models, semantic parsing, natural language generation, etc.)
- Experience in reinforcement learning (policy gradient, Q-learning, actor critic, etc.)
- Strong background in machine learning (generative model, discriminative model, neural network, transfer learning, GAN, one-shot or few shot learning, unsupervised learning, semi-supervised learning, weakly supervised learning, meta-learning, outlier detection, etc.)
- Proficiency in a neural network library (e.g., TensorFlow, PyTorch, etc.)
- Proven track record of research/publications on machine learning and artificial intelligence field (NeurIPS, ICLR, ICML, AAAI, IJCAI, CVPR, ACL, EMNLP, etc.
- Team work and communication skills are required
- D. in CS, EE, or related field is required
Samsung is an EEO/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer. We welcome and encourage diversity as we strive to create an inclusive workplace.