Remote - Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
Stuart is a leading last-mile delivery platform that connects small and big businesses to a fleet of geolocalised couriers. We empower thousands of companies across Europe by providing same-day delivery, next-day delivery and return solutions. We work across verticals with retailers, grocery stores, restaurants and e-commerce merchants to enable smarter transportation models.
We are looking for a Data Engineer to take part in the scaling of our data platform and support the company’s growth.
Our Data Engineering team is distributed across 2 locations: Barcelona (Carrer de Pau Claris) and Paris (Avenue des Ternes). Stuart is a remote-friendly company, with a team of more than 75 engineers across Europe.
For this role, we are open to candidates who want to live and work in either France, Spain, or the UK.
Our stack currently includes technologies like Apache Airflow, Docker, Apache Kafka, Jenkins, etc. and we extensively use AWS products like S3, Redshift, and Athena.
- Design, implement and maintain a solid Data Lake and Data Warehouse that collects, stores, and processes data, focusing on scalability and reliability.
- Work closely with the Business Intelligence and Data Science teams to help them design and build machine-learning algorithms and tooling to explore and visualize data.
- Grow with us and share: https://medium.com/stuart-engineering 🤓
- Fluency in English
- 3+ years experience working with Python
- 3+ years of experience design and implementing data platforms
- Experience with Apache Kafka or other streaming platforms
- Experience with query engines like AWS Athena, Hive, SparkSQL or similar technologies
Nice to have
- Experience in designing data lakes in Amazon S3
- Experience with Apache Airflow
- Experience with Java/Scala
- Experience with Hadoop, Apache Spark, Flink or similar technologies
- Experience with data quality processes
- Great compensation package
- Good work-life balance: work from home, flexible hours
- Learning and training opportunities
- Tangible career development possibilities as we grow strong 🚀
- Meal vouchers - Tickets restaurant
- Monthly gym allowance to use in any gym or for any sport class
- Excellent private health care
“Logistics for a sustainable world.” That is the mission at the heart of Stuart Delivery. While customer expectations around the delivery experience are skyrocketing, cities are limiting traditional logistics methods to improve congestion, pollution and liveability. The convergence of these two trends means that a disruptive approach to last mile delivery is not a nice-to-have but rather an inevitability.
Stuart sits at the crossroads of the future, using our best-in-class proprietary dispatch technology to connect small and big businesses alike to a shared fleet of geolocalised couriers. The result? Efficient, reliable, eco-friendly delivery to help retailers to meet their customers’ demands.
We launched in 2015 with a big vision and a handful of clients. 5 years later couriers on our platform complete tens of millions of deliveries annually for the biggest brands across retail, ecommerce, grocery and food.
Stuart is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.