Data Engineer - Raleigh, NC
Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, US
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
This role is located in the IBM office in Research Triangle Park. There is no remote work option (post covid). We are co-located in RTP, NC, but maintain a responsible consideration of health and safety practices - which includes ongoing support for an in-office/remote office balance during these unusual times.
There are no relocation funds for this role so you would need to relocate at your own expense.
*** IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
We are a part of IBMs global Chief Information Office responsible for building applications and solving problems for IBM's 300,000 software sales and 20,000 Business Partners around the globe. Our vision is to become a world class delivery organization and deliver business value at speed.
We own several data related projects to support the business transformation and information delivery of IBM, focusing on back-end data integration (ETL), as well as Interface Integration & Entitlement Intelligence solutions. In this team, you will have opportunities to apply extensive BI/DW related technologies to projects, like OLTP (SAP, WAS), ETL (DB2/BLU, ESB/MQ, IIS/DataStage, Big Data), OLAP (Cognos), Data Mining (SPSS, R) etc. Besides that, you will be able to learn more about Mobile development, DevOps in projects as we are on the journey of DevOps and enabling end users to access our solutions on Mobile. You will also have the opportunity to work on IBM Data Lake Big Data projects and streaming processing projects.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Participate in the design and implementation phases for data projects to help translate the high-level business requirements into the concrete technical implementations.
- Provide the timely support for production issues troubleshooting.
- participate in our transformation to DevOps, for example: automated deployment, automated testing, continuous monitoring, etc.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Strong skill of Database (DB2, Oracle) or similar large scale enterprise databases
- ETL project experiences, and also experience in database performance tuning and optimization
- Strong skill of Unix/Linux Knowledge and SHELL script programming or similar
- Good knowledge of data integration, ODS, Data Warehouse and Big Data technologies, e.g., Hadoop, Spark, Flink, Hive, HBase, etc.
- Good knowledge of business requirement analysis and technical solution architecture design
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Strong Software Development skills
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experienced in IBM ETL product (Infosphere DataStage/Quality Stage) is a strong plus
- Good knowledge of Java, J2EE, XML, Web Services, etc.
- Knowledge of Agile methodology and Agile experience is a plus
- Knowledge of DevOps and related tooling (UCD, CHEF, Ansible, etc) is a plus
- Strong communication skill
- Good teamwork spirit
- Open minded and Self-motivated
- Quick learner
- Strong sense of ownership and high accountability
- Degree in Computer Science or closely-related disciplines
About Business Unit
The Office of the Chief Information Officer (CIO) owns IBM’s IT strategy and provides the tools, workstations, devices, and infrastructure that IBMers use to do their jobs every day. Put simply, our mission is to create a productive environment for IBM's 365,000 worldwide employees. Join us as we lead with design to drive simplicity and ease of use, engineering the systems that run the business, and innovating to transform the business.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
IBM intends this job to be performed entirely outside of Colorado.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: Big Data Consulting Data Mining Engineering ETL Hadoop Java Linux Oracle R Research Spark
Job region(s): North America
Job metrics: 10 1 0