People Systems & Data Analyst
As the leading independent modern media company, Vox Media ignites conversations and influences culture. Across digital, podcasts, TV, streaming, live events, and print, we tell stories that affect our audience's daily lives and entertain as much as they inform.
Our portfolio features influential and respected editorial properties including Vox, New York Magazine, The Verge, The Cut, Eater, Vulture, The Strategist, Polygon, SB Nation, Intelligencer, Curbed, Grub Street and Recode. Off-platform, the Vox Media Podcast Network offers one of the largest collections of popular podcasts, and Vox Media Studios produces and distributes the award-winning nonfiction shows. Powered by innovative technology that scales quality, the Chorus publishing platform and Concert advertising marketplace answer the always-changing needs of modern audiences, creators and marketers.
Vox Media has been named one of Fast Company’s “Most Innovative Companies in Media,” an Inc. “Company of the Year,” Digiday’s “Best Company for Parents,” and one of the Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign.
Vox Media is looking for a People Systems & Data Analyst to join our growing People & Culture team. This person will report to the Manager, People Systems & Operations. This is a cross-functional role responsible for supporting our HR systems, including data maintenance, reporting, day-to-day systems support, and process improvement, with a primary focus on recruiting systems and data. We are seeking a detail-oriented and systems-minded individual who is excited about joining a highly collaborative, tight-knit team that is dedicated to improving the candidate and employee experience through the use of technology and data.
What you’ll do:
- Act as system administrator for recruiting technology, including security administration, providing systems support to employees and admins, and troubleshooting and resolving system issues.
- Responsible for maintaining data integrity and ensuring that system controls and processes meet all internal and external requirements, including researching and identifying the root causes of data problems.
- Validate and audit data, recommending system and/or process changes to improve data integrity.
- Build and maintain recruiting dashboards and other data visualizations to track key hiring metrics.
- Prepare various regular and ad-hoc reports related to recruiting and people data, with a particular focus on supporting company DE&I initiatives.
- Develop and maintain training resources for system processes and functionality, providing one-on-one training as needed.
- Assist with the implementation of new system functionality to streamline recruiting operations, optimize our hiring processes, and elevate our candidate and employee experiences.
- Partner with cross-functional stakeholders to identify opportunities for improving the effectiveness of processes, systems, and reports.
- Work closely with leadership to analyze recruiting data to identify trends and evaluate the effectiveness of recruiting strategies.
- Provide cross-functional support for other people systems and analytics projects.
What you’ll bring:
- A strong desire to work at Vox Media.
- A passion for technology and efficiency.
- A commitment to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace.
- Experience with Greenhouse or a similar ATS.
- Experience with Looker or a similar business intelligence tool.
- A data detective mindset and a familiarity with data best practices.
- Experience in gathering data, building reports and visualizations, and communicating findings.
- Experience with cleaning data, investigating data inconsistencies, and recommending processes to maintain data integrity.
- Familiarity with hiring processes and the recruiting function.
- An exceptional attention to detail and a dedication to accuracy.
- Creative and proactive problem solving skills.
- Expert Google Sheets and Excel skills.
- Ability to collaborate strategically across multiple teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience thriving in a fast-paced, dynamic, team-based environment.
- A demonstrated ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities at once.
- A high level of integrity, discretion, and judgment, and ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
Bonus points for:
- Hands-on experience administering HR systems, bonus points for experience with UltiPro.
About working at Vox Media:
This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefits—including flexible hours and generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees and to ensure that our healthcare and other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging and fun—and who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.