Senior Data Analyst
Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. We offer a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 240 health systems comprised of 2,000 hospitals and 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 150 million lives.
The Senior Data Analyst will play a critical role on the Sales Operations team. The Senior Data Analyst will be focused on analyzing data across multiple subject areas, identifying insights, and communicating those to key stakeholders throughout the company. If you love data and you’re excited about working in a technology firm that makes a difference in people’s lives, this is the perfect opportunity for you!
- Work with key stakeholders to define metrics across various departments, build and maintain dashboards, reports, and manage the delivery of reporting to users.
- Interpret data, analyze results and provide ongoing analysis on customer utilization and internal operational metrics to key stakeholders.
- Collaborate with team members to create and validate predictive models for various metrics such as visit and provider forecasts, adjust models based upon feedback.
- Incorporate Subject Matter Expert (SME) feedback into models and create alternative models as required.
- Work closely with Product Managers on reporting requirements for new products, features and functions.
- Connect and map disparate sources of data across the organization and deliver insights to support strategic planning, and update with new data sources as needed.
- Create ETL data flows, merge, clean, and manipulate data into appropriate data structures to support reporting requirements.
- Analyze data for anomalies and early indication of bugs in reporting and performance, and review data quality to identify opportunities for improvement in our data capture processes.
- Build dashboards and provide analysis on underlying drivers for predicative models.
- Be a self-starter, willing to learn quickly on the job, and comfortable tackling new projects and subject areas.
- 4+ years of experience in data analysis and data engineering
- Ability to write SQL queries, proficiency in relational databases and experience in ETL
- Ability to analyze complex data sets, including a thorough aptitude for conducting quantitative and qualitative analyses
- High level of familiarity and experience working with data analysis/visualization tools, especially Looker and Domo
- Able to work autonomously with minimal daily supervision and demonstrated thoroughness, follow-up and attention to detail
- Ability to collect and interpret data at an expert level. Have technical expertise regarding data models, data mining and segmentation techniques.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Capable of working on multiple projects and context shift quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- BA/BS degree, or equivalent (in Analytics, Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics)
- 1-3 years of experience working in the SaaS industry (preferably in a data analyst type role) is a plus
- Familiarity with the healthcare industry is a plus
- Knowledge of SQL, Looker, Tableau, Domo, R, Python is a plus
Should you join Amwell and the Sales Operations team, you can expect:
The Sales Operations team is the backbone that fuels, influences, and supports all of Amwell’s client facing teams. This is a unique and dynamic group with a wide array of operational and client-focused responsibilities. Working collaboratively with all core Amwell teams from product, technology, services, clinical and marketing, the Sales Operations team manages everything from capturing revenue, to ROI analysis, to producing sales and training content, to proposal and RFP creation.
The Sales Operations team is comprised of creative, operationally-minded, and thoughtful individuals – all striving to deliver and propel Amwell forward. Always one step ahead, their overall mission is to ensure that our client-facing teams, customers, and future customers are armed with the support, data, and resources required for success.
Ideal candidates will be quick thinking, resourceful, pro-active, and patient. If you have the ability to be at the epicenter of a fast-growing, innovative company – while keeping a number of balls in the air at the same time – this team is for you.
Working at Amwell
We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Amwell is headquartered in Boston, MA with additional offices in Reston, VA and Seattle, WA. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology, we offer:
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- 401K match
- Competitive health, dental and vision insurance plans
- The equipment and resources needed to be successful working in a remote setting