Palo Alto, California, United States
We’d love to hear from you if you like:
- Start-up energy working with a brilliant and passionate team
- Exponential growth (5 straight quarters of 50-100%+ quarter over quarter growth)
- Flat structure and access to senior leadership for continuous mentorship
- Meritocracy - we promote based on performance, not tenure
- Rockstar teammates. You will be working with a strong team with prior work experience at Amazon, Microsoft, NVIDIA, Alibaba, etc.
Jerry.ai is building the first financial platform for your car that helps people optimize the cost and experience of owning a car (making ownership easy & affordable). There are 240M cars in the US alone. For most people, cars are one of the most expensive assets they own and families on average spend 20% of their income on car expenses, making this a massive market.
We have started with helping people optimize the cost of car insurance and our vision is to help people in every aspect of car ownership. Since our product launch, we have been growing really fast for the past 18 months and our users love the product (rating 4.5 in the app store). Jerry.ai is founded by serial entrepreneurs who previously built and scaled YourMechanic (“Uber for car repair,” the nation’s largest on-demand car repair company). We have raised over $50M+ in financing
About the role:
We are looking for a Data Analyst who is passionate about making an impact by owning our core data pipeline that powers our top line metrics. You will be leveraging your data expertise to help evolve data models in various components of the data stack. You will also be working on architecting, building, and launching highly scalable and reliable data pipelines to support the company’s growing data processing and analytics needs. Your efforts will allow access to business and user behavior insights, leveraging the data to fuel other functions such as Analytics, Data Science, Operations and many others.
- Owner of the core company data pipeline, responsible for scaling up data processing flow to meet the rapid data growth
- Consistently evolve data model & data schema based on business and engineering needs
- Implement systems tracking data quality and consistency
- SQL and MapReduce job tuning to improve data processing performance
- B.S. degree in a related discipline.
- 1+ years of data analysis experience.
- Proficient in SQL, especially with Postgres dialect.
- Expertise in Python for developing and maintaining data pipeline code.
- Experience with BI software (preferably Metabase or Tableau).
- Experience with Hadoop (or similar) Ecosystem.
- Comfortable working directly with data analytics to bridge business requirements with data engineering