ATB 101 - Continuous Improvement & Data Analyst (1456)
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
ATB is more than just a bank and ATB 101 is more than just a student job.
ATB 101 is a year round student work experience and engagement program with summer, fall, and winter intakes! Our ATB 101 students play an integral role in the success of our business. As an ATB 101 student you will have a unique opportunity to contribute to ATB through challenging, meaningful and diverse opportunities while creating happiness for our customers and each other. Oh and we promise you’ll have a lot of fun doing it!
Is #ATB101 something you want to be a part of this summer? If so, ATB Financial's Insights & Enablement team is the place to be ALL IN.
Job Number: REQ1456
Location: Calgary or Edmonton (remote/work from home accommodations available where necessary)
Apply by: February 28, 2021
Paygrade: ATB 101
# Positions available: 1
The Opportunity: Insights & Enablement (CFO Portfolio)
We're more than just the numbers! Besides accounting and finance, our CFO portfolio includes banking and corporate operations, legal, procurement, treasury and facilities.
The Continuous Improvement & Data Analyst will be an active member of the Insights & Enablement Scrum Team on the Corporate Operations Team (Accounts Payable, Legal, Payroll Operations, People Places & Spaces, Procurement, and Third Party Risk Management). Insights & Enablement exists to drive initiatives from idea to implementation using an agile project management methodology.
The Continuous Improvement & Data Analyst will have four areas of focus over the summer - each with corresponding deliverables.
- Process Mapping & Process Improvement - You will learn the basics of process mapping and process documentation. In addition, you will have the opportunity to apply your learnings to enhance current state processes.
- Project Management - You will learn the basics of managing projects and play the role of a project coordinator on one or more continuous improvement projects that are in flight over the summer.
- Data & Reporting - You will partner with different specialists on the scrum team to apply your data and reporting skills to improve how KPI reports are prepared, visualized and presented for Corporate Operations departments to drive business decisions.
- Innovation - You will independently tackle one or more innovation projects to imagine a “better way of doing things”. You will be accountable for defining a real problem statement and determining where automation could be applied. This includes researching and evaluating potential solutions, making recommendations and implementing the solution.
You will find success in this role if you are a:
- Data Translator - You enjoy translating data into insights. Extracting data from various sources, you would translate the information so it is usable by management for decision-making purposes.
- Report Creator - You use your creativity to showcase data insights by developing reports and dashboards using tools such as Data Studio, Jira and Tableau.
- Storyteller - You use data insights to determine the net benefit of a proposed initiative and tell the story using interpretations and visuals.
- Innovator - You are a technology guru and capable of interacting with tools as you manage, create and document processes. In this role you would be using tools such as Jira, ARIS, Miro, LucidCharts, Google AppScripts, AppSheet, Data Studio and applying the skills that you bring to the table based on your area of study. You are invigorated by the thought of researching technology solutions when asked “How might we…”
- Agile Collaborator - You love the challenge of analyzing business processes to identify opportunities for improvement, and implementing iterative solutions in an environment of rapid change and ambiguity. This includes developing training for continuous improvement initiatives to enable adoption and sustainment.
- Currently enrolled in or a recent graduate from a degree in computer sciences, data analytics, business or a similar field of experience.
- Elevated sense of personal accountability. We are looking for someone who takes pride in their work and takes the personal accountability to ensure that deliverables are of strong quality.
- Ability to navigate new systems, and has a passion for smart, user friendly technology.
- Strong technical capabilities with experience in Google suite, business case preparation and experience working with data and reporting.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with an ability to see the big picture.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to navigate and engage a diverse stakeholder group.
- Excellent organization, problem-solving and critical-thinking skills.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously with a high degree of accuracy, speed, professionalism and customer obsession.
At ATB, we know that highly talented people can readily transfer their skills. If you believe your skills and experience are transferable, please consider putting your name in the running.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please apply directly online and include a resume and cover letter. We also would like you to take a moment to share your story, using any medium (video, document, audio, etc), so that we get a chance to learn a bit more about who you are and why this role aligns with your career goals.
Don't hesitate to contact us should accommodations be required.
Purpose. Growth. Advancement. Fun. Rewards… learn about our perks and benefits.
A little about ATB:
We are Alberta’s largest, home grown financial institution and for the last 80+ years, we’ve transformed people’s understanding of what banking can–and should–make possible. Today, 5,500+ ATB team members embrace a growth mindset in order to help bring ATB’s story to life, delivering happiness to our customers and team members alike. It’s why we’re also a highly sought after, award-winning employer. The best part is, we’re just getting started. Join us, and create happiness.
To learn more about atb, visit atb.com.
Stay in touch!