Data Engineer, Workspace
MURAL is on a mission to inspire and connect imagination workers globally.
MURAL is a digital workspace for visual collaboration that connects over 50 percent of the Fortune 100. Teams at global enterprises including IBM, USAA, E-Trade, Intuit, SAP, Atlassian, Autodesk, and GitHub embrace visual collaboration to run more productive meetings and workshops. This leads to a more creative, engaging, and fun way of working together, all in a welcoming, simple-to-use online space.
Headquartered in San Francisco, California, MURAL employs over 300 people around the world. In 2020, MURAL raised $118M in a series B round of financing and are working hard to take MURAL to the next level.
We are looking for a Data Engineer capable of helping create and maintain a new data pipeline architecture at Mural, including the APIs and tools to help other teams use the data. You will be working in the Workspace engineering team and collaborating closely with other teams to help deliver features that are based on data.
This Data Engineer role is a software development role with knowledge of data architectures, APIs, and the delivery and transformation of data in a reliable way.
The ideal candidate is passionate about both developing software, working with data, and is capable of challenging and redesigning existing solutions. They must be a team player, always willing to collaborate with others.
In this role, you will:
- Help create the platform, tools and APIs necessary to enable your team (and others) to build features based on data.
- Help create a data platform and design optimal solutions.
- Work closely with other Product teams to help create experimental data-driven features. You will build the tools and APIs necessary to support those features. A strong analytical mindset is important.
- Efficiently handle vast amounts of data from multiple sources and destinations, including relational and NoSQL databases. This may include things like batch processing and real-time delivery.
- Follow modern development best practices such as code reviews, unit testing, and continuous integration.
- Work well as part of a team. We value team players who share their knowledge and enjoy collaborating with others.
- Show initiative, completing your tasks and providing timely status updates to both the rest of your team and all of the stakeholders.
- Take ownership of the solutions you build. This means analyzing requirements, building them, monitoring in production, and troubleshooting if problems arise.
We are looking for a Software Engineer with several years of experience in a development role, preferably with Data Engineering experience.
- Experience designing and developing web services and REST APIs.
- Advanced knowledge of relational databases such as PostgreSQL or MySQL, and capable of writing non-trivial SQL.
- Some knowledge of message brokers and event streaming platforms such as Apache Kafka.
- Experience with NoSQL databases such as MongoDB.
- Experience with Data Lakes and Data Warehouses is a bonus.
- Experience with Big Data tools such as Spark is a bonus.
- You should be able to create an application from scratch following best practices such as writing clean code with unit tests and using continuous integration.
WHAT WE OFFER
In addition to being part of our quest to help people empower their imagination, we offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Flexible working hours
- Ability to work remotely
- Flexible time off
- A phenomenal learning environment for you to develop
We bring people to our team that care about our mission to inspire and connect creative people globally, and who feel aligned with our values:
- Make Others Successful
- Adapt to Thrive
- Show Up With a Smile
- Generate Wows
- Think Global
- Play to Win and Have Fun
Practicing equality through imagination work.
MURAL is committed to creating diverse and inclusive workspaces where people can make a positive impact on the world and share their vision of how they achieve it. We are dedicated to working alongside multiple communities to help build this dream and bring it to life.