Machine Learning Engineer
About Glovo:Glovo is a Barcelona-based startup and the fastest-growing delivery player in Europe, Western Asia, and Africa. With food at the core of the business, Glovo delivers any product within your city at any time of day. We currently deliver over +100M annual orders and operate in +500 cities worldwide.
Our vision and ambition are not only to make everything immediately available in your city but it is also to offer our employees the job of their lives. A job where you'll be challenged and have the most fun working in through tech-enabled experiences.
Your work-life opportunity:
Glovo depends heavily on machine learning to make decisions in different areas of business. The CentralDS-Prod team is a multidisciplinary team of data scientists and engineers responsible for helping Data Scientists productionalise models using the production tools of the company. In addition, the team builds reusable python packages to cover new production cases, and defines and evangelizes the company about MLOps best practices.
Currently, due to increasing demand on the MLOps side we are looking for a ML Engineer to join our team.
Be a part of a team where you will:
- Develop reusable python packages within the production repository of the company. This includes DS utilities such as wrappers for Model Reporting, Multi Armed Bandits, utility decorators etc.
- Productionalise Data Science models within the CentralDS team that require engineering resources, including writing code in java in the backend, monitoring live endpoints, etc.
- Help define, evangelize and enforce best practices in production code.
- Work in a service team and handle productionalisation tickets opened by other Data Scientists in the company.
- Prepare and provide documentation on existing MLOps tools and processes.
- Collaborate closely with a team of ML Engineers in order to improve the Machine Learning Platform of the company. Concretely, you will help make sure that the Machine Learning Platform code is sound from a user perspective.
- Be on call for CentralDS models
Our production stack: Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Jenkins, Spinnaker, Argo Workflows/Kubeflow, MLflow, GitHub / GitHub Actions, Redis, MySQL, EMR, AWS
- A degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or a related field.
- 2+ years of relevant full-time experience
- Strong python programming skills
- Knowledge of DEVOPS/MLOPS tools and languages (Kubernetes, Jenkins, etc)
- Experience with CI/CD tools
- Knowledge of software architecture and best practices
- Strong will to adhere to best practices in software development and a need to leave well-structured code in your tracks
- Knowledge of how to write unit/integration tests and experience in doing so
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Interest in Machine Learning and Data Science, and knowledge of core DS python libraries (sklearn, pandas, numpy, torch, etc.)
- Knowledge of Java.
- Capacity of communicating and working effectively in English
- You are independent, self-driven and resourceful
Experience our Glovo Life benefits:
- Enticing Phantom Shares plan
- Attractive Relocation package (if applicable ;))
- Comprehensive Private Health Insurance
- Cobee discounts on kindergarten, transportation, and food
- Free monthly Glovo credits to spend on our restaurant products (and zero Glovo delivery fee on all Glovo orders!)
- Cool perks such as fresh fruit and healthy snacks every day, beers on Fridays, Culture Days every 2 months!
- Discounted Gym memberships
- Flexible working environment
What you’ll find when working at Glovo:
- Gas: We work hard with energy and passion for what we do.
- Care: We act in the best interest of a sustainable future.
- Good vibes: We always see the positive side in every situation and act with fairness and honesty with everyone.
- Stay Humble: We embrace mistakes and feedback to learn from them.
- Glownership: We roll up our sleeves and get work done no matter our position and level.
Want to take a peek into what it's like to work at Glovo? Follow us on Instagram and like us on Facebook!
Glovo is transforming the way consumers access local goods, enabling anyone to get almost any product delivered in minutes. Our on-demand logistics connect customers with independent local couriers who acquire goods from any restaurant or store in a city, as well as deliver urgent packages for a variable fee. As of 2020, we’re currently present in more than 22 countries across Europe, Latin America, Africa, and Asia.
For additional information on Glovo, please visit https://jobs.glovoapp.com/en/careers