Senior Data Engineer
Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, US
Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Design and implement processes and jobs for managing sales and marketing data.
- Oversee and manage the data pipeline, from the retrieval for of the raw data to the transformation and aggregation of multiple data streams:
- Develop monitoring tools and reports at all pipeline levels,
- Ensure high data quality throughout the pipeline.
- Develop production-ready software for data retrieval, storage, ETL, and analysis.
- Work in a distributed multiprocessing environment.
- Onboard new data for both historical testing and real-time systems.
- Aid in the design of real-time data acquisition systems.
- Perform data analysis to validate data quality.
- Collaborate closely with data scientists, the portfolio and research teams.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience processing, cleaning, and storing (ETL) structure and unstructured data.
- Experience with relation databases like DB2
- Experience with NoSQL databases like MongoDB
- Strong programming skills, in one or many of the following:
- Apache Spark,
- An interest in working on a wide spectrum of projects, including ETL pipeline engineering, data onboarding, and data analysis.
- Ability to communicate clearly and collaborative on larger projects.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent practical experience
About Business Unit
The IBM Finance organization is responsible for driving enterprise performance and transformation. We are the financial stewards of IBM, delivering IBM’s financial strategy, developing new business models, and mitigating enterprise risk. Do you have a passion for creating business value? Join our team in accounting, financial planning, pricing, business controls, tax, treasury, business development (acquisitions & divestitures), and global financing.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
IBM intends this job to be performed entirely outside of Colorado.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: Consulting Engineering ETL Finance Marketing MongoDB NoSQL Python Research Scala Spark
Job region(s): North America