Staff Engineer - Machine Learning
Bengaluru, Bengaluru North, Karnataka, India
ThoughtSpotThoughtSpot is the AI-Powered Analytics platform that empowers everyone to ask any data questions in natural language, get accurate answers, and take action.
What makes ThoughtSpot a great place to work?
ThoughtSpot is the experience layer of the modern data stack, leading the industry with our AI-Powered Analytics and natural language search. We hire people with unique identities, backgrounds, and perspectives—this balance-for-the-better philosophy is key to our success. When paired with our culture of Selfless Excellence and our drive for continuous improvement (2% done), ThoughtSpot cultivates a respectful culture that pushes norms to create world-class products. If you’re excited by the opportunity to work with some of the brightest minds in the business and make your mark on a truly innovative company, we invite you to read more about our mission, and apply to the role that’s right for you.
The ThoughtSpot Search team is seeking engineers to develop scalable machine learning approaches for Business Intelligence products. You will directly contribute to ML approaches using rich data. You will work to deliver new capabilities in the product.
- Bachelors in CS. Strong fundamentals with a solid understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Minimum 7+ years of ML Engineering / Software engineering experience primarily related to productionizing ML models and scaling them in high-throughput and low-latency settings
- Building end to end data systems as an ML Engineer, Platform Engineer, or equivalent.
- Understanding/familiarity with the iterative nature of the data science lifecycle
- Familiarity with common ML/DL methodologies and metrics
- Expertise with time-series concepts (seasonality decomposition/adjustment, stationarity, auto-correlation etc)
- Experience with the latest open source forecasting platforms preferred (Prophet, Orbit, Greykite, etc)
- Experience with streaming data architectures.
- Proficient in Python, Spark, SQL, advanced competency with Java (or Go or Scala)
- Solid software engineering skills in complex, multi-language systems.
- Expertise with AWS services and cloud architectures (Sagemaker, Serverless Stack, Amazon Forecast etc)
- Experience working with cloud data processing technologies (Spark, Dask, ElasticSearch, Presto, SQL, etc.).
- Excellent debugging and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, team-based environment.
ThoughtSpot for All
Building a diverse and inclusive team isn't just the right thing to do for our people, it's the right thing to do for our business. We know we can’t solve complex data problems with a single perspective. It takes many voices, experiences, and areas of expertise to deliver the innovative solutions our customers need. At ThoughtSpot, we continually celebrate the diverse communities that individuals cultivate to empower every Spotter to bring their whole authentic self to work.
We’re committed to being real and continuously learning when it comes to equality, equity, and creating space for underrepresented groups to thrive.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job, women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting 60%. Regardless of how you identify, if you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
To all recruitment agencies: ThoughtSpot does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ThoughtSpot employees, or any other organization location. ThoughtSpot nor its employees are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
The world’s most innovative companies use AI-Powered Analytics from ThoughtSpot to empower every person in their organization, from C-suite executive to frontline employee, with the ability to ask and answer data questions, create and interact with data-driven insights, and use these insights to make informed decisions and take action. ThoughtSpot is simple enough for any business person to use, yet built to handle even the largest, most complex data, wherever it may reside. That’s why customers like T-Mobile, BT, Snowflake, HubSpot, Exxon, Daimler, Medtronic, Hulu, Nasdaq, OpenTable, Huel, and Nationwide Building Society have turned to ThoughtSpot to transform their data driven decision-making cultures.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey 💰
Tags: Architecture AWS Business Intelligence Elasticsearch Engineering Machine Learning ML models Open Source Python Research SageMaker Scala Snowflake Spark SQL Streaming
Perks/benefits: Flex vacation
More jobs like this
Explore more AI, ML, Data Science career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Director, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Data Manager jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Sr. Data Scientist jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open (Senior) Digital Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open BI Analyst jobs
- Open MLOps Engineer jobs
- Open Sr Data Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Cloud Data Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Manager, Data Science jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Statistics/Python/BI) (Bangkok-based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Manager, Data Science jobs
- Open Data Scientist Intern jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Data Analytics-related jobs
- Open Data quality-related jobs
- Open Privacy-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Data warehouse-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs