Machine Learning Engineer
New York, NY
Applications have closed
Learn and work on meaningful initiatives with some of the best and brightest in the market research industry. The NPD Group provides the world’s most successful brands with leading market research, combining consumer and retail point-of-sale data with analytic solutions to interpret today’s market trends while anticipating tomorrow’s. In addition, we offer a career filled with innovation and growth to the forward-thinking problem solvers who join our team.
NPD Group is charting the future of retail analytics. You will be leading the way in applying machine learning to expand the breadth and the value that our insights deliver to customers. In bringing your expertise to our groundbreaking innovation team, you will collaborate with team members to prototype new methods and modeling techniques using diverse sets of data inputs. You will create and apply strategies for normalization, estimation, prediction, calibration, and optimization in addition to developing new techniques for deriving insight.
In addition to core modeling skills, the role requires strong analytical and data processing aptitude, and an ability to quickly integrate new ideas into functional prototypes poised to scale. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated team player with wide-ranging curiosity and creativity, along with common sense and a demonstrated ability to produce high-quality outcomes from methodologies to models to processes.
- Partner with global stakeholders across different business verticals to understand customer needs, gaps and strengths in current data, and current methods and data operations.
- Develop new machine learning models using multiple and new data inputs to derive estimated and predictive market measures. Optimize and calibrate models to improve accuracy.
- Explore new techniques for providing prescriptive and predictive analytics from existing data.
- Work with vendors and third-party data suppliers to optimize data inputs according to model needs and outcomes.
- Document modeling procedures and transfer learnings and knowledge to other organizational stakeholders.
- Act as both a leader and a doer moving machine learning applications from conception to prototype.
A blend of education and professional experience demonstrating both business and data savvy is required for this role.
- 4+ years of experience developing, deploying, and optimizing machine learning algorithms.
- Experience working on AI-driven B2B products.
- 3+ years’ experience embedded or partnered with a business organization to drive tangible results and revenue.
- Demonstrated success in solving business problems using a diverse skill set in data management, processing, and modeling.
- Strong programming skills in python, R, and SQL, and experience applying analytical and statistical methods leveraging those languages.
- Experience with SAS desirable.
- Experience not only in the development of machine learning models, but the operationalization of those models to support automation and transition to a production environment.
- Proven ability working in a cloud-based architecture.
- Visualization and communication of analytic results.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to tailor messaging based on the audience.
- An understanding and acceptance that preparatory data cleansing and processing is core to successful modeling. This role will be governed by this principle.
- Exposure to or experience modeling “alternative” data such as geolocation, financial transaction, passive metering, or clickstream to solve business problems is a plus.
The NPD Group, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Perks/benefits: Career development
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs