Data Scientist, Tools Team
Oulu, Northern Ostrobothnia, Finland
Oura is an award-winning and fast-growing startup that helps people track all stages of sleep and activity using the Oura Ring and connected app. By providing daily feedback and practical steps to inspire healthy lifestyles, we've helped hundreds of thousands of people improve their sleep, understand their bodies, and transform their health. We’re on a mission to empower every person to own their inner potential, and we’re seeking candidates who want to make an impact on our journey.
We are looking for a Data Scientist to join our Tools Squad. You will join the team that creates business-critical tools used across many areas of the company, including:
- Detecting hardware defects and helping Customer Support diagnose problems
- Creating the personalized insights and messaging that we show to our customers to understand their health data
- Developing and deploying firmware updates to our hardware
We are passionate about providing the best insights for our customers, developers, and customer service experts. Our tools empower them to maximize their potential.
You will work closely with a cross-functional team of engineers, designers and other data scientists to uncover trends in our data and develop models that surface them to users. This will involve finding unusual patterns in hardware battery usage or sensor data, building models to detect those patterns reliably, and incorporating them into the tools used by customer support and hardware engineers. Other projects might include building NLP models to extract information from customer support logs, or analyzing the content of our health insight messages to help personalization. You will work with end users to understand their needs, and collaborate on product designs to solve them. You will present analyses to decision makers in the hardware and software departments that will influence the products we ship.
We would love to have you on our team, if you:
- Are excited about bringing better sleep and wellness to hundreds of thousands of people worldwide
- Have mastered a wide range of statistical techniques, and developed an intuition for what tool to apply in every situation
- Are adept at creating visualizations that make complex results understandable at a glance
- Thrive in a fast-paced, sometimes unpredictable, and highly collaborative work environment
- Have experience in signal processing or a related discipline
- Have advanced skills in Python, including scipy/numpy
- Have worked on back-end systems and been involved in deploying software in the cloud
- Preferably, have some experience in NLP and unstructured data
- Familiarity with any of the following a plus: SQL, AWS, causal inference, time series analysis
- Competitive Salary
- Lunch benefit
- Wellness benefit
- Flexible working hours + work-life balance
- Possibility for remote work
- Collaborative, brilliant teammates
- An Oura Ring of your own (if you wish)
- Latest equipment of choice
At Oura, we care about you and your wellbeing. Everyone here at Oura has a ring of their own, and we hope that you will enjoy learning about your body and how you can improve your health and wellbeing. We also learn from each other: we're always excited to hear about and learn from the experiences you will bring.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, please send us your application as soon as possible but by February 28th the latest. We will start reviewing the applications immediately, as we receive them.