Software Engineer -Data Analytics
PubMaticPubMatic maximizes customer value to deliver the programmatic digital marketing supply chain of the future and stay ahead of advertising technology trends.
PubMatic (Nasdaq: PUBM) is an independent technology company maximizing customer value by delivering digital advertising’s supply chain of the future. PubMatic’s sell-side platform empowers the world’s leading digital content creators across the open internet to control access to their inventory and increase monetization by enabling marketers to drive return on investment and reach addressable audiences across ad formats and devices. Since 2006, our infrastructure-driven approach has allowed for the efficient processing and utilization of data in real time. By delivering scalable and flexible programmatic innovation, we improve outcomes for our customers while championing a vibrant and transparent digital advertising supply chain.
- Build, design and implement our highly scalable, fault-tolerant, highly available big data platform to process terabytes of data and provide customers with in-depth analytics.
- Developing Big Data pipelines using modern technology stack such as Spark, Hadoop, Kafka, HBase, Hive, Presto etc.
- Developing analytics applications ground up using modern technology stack such as Java, Spring, Tomcat, Jenkins, REST APIs, JDBC, Amazon Web Services, Hibernate.
- Building data pipeline to automate high-volume data collection and processing to provide real-time data analytics.
- Customize PubMatic’s reporting and analytics platform based on customer’s requirements from customers and deliver scalable, production-ready solutions.
- Lead multiple projects to develop features for data processing and reporting platform, collaborate with product managers, cross-functional teams, other stakeholders and ensure successful delivery of projects.
- Use various mechanisms established to fetch data from different external data sources and reconcile them with PubMatic’s processed data.
- Collaborate with functional teams to build products to deliver end-to-end products and features and fix bugs for better performance.
- Develop robust & fault-tolerant systems and monitor implications of changes on data processing pipeline and performance.
- Leveraging a broad range of PubMatic’s data architecture strategies and proposing both data flows and storage solutions.
- Managing Hadoop map reduce and spark jobs & solving any ongoing issues with operating the cluster.
- Working closely with cross functional teams on improving availability and scalability of large data platform and functionality of PubMatic software.
- Expertise in developing Implementation of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, performing code reviews, committing to GitHub, preparing documents in Confluence, continuous delivery using Jenkins, automated testing, and operations.
- Participate in Agile/Scrum processes such as sprint planning, sprint retrospective, backlog grooming, user story management, work item prioritization, etc.
- Frequently discuss with product managers about the software features to include in PubMatic Data Analytics platform. Understand the technical aspects customer requirement from product managers.
- Keep in regular touch with quality engineering team which ensure the quality of the platforms/products and performance SLAs of java based micro services and spark-based data pipeline.
- Support customer issues over email or JIRA (bug tracking system), provide updates, patches to customers to fix the issues.
- Discuss with technical writing team about the technical documents that are published on documentation portal.
- Perform code and design reviews for code implemented by peers or as per the code review process.
- 1 to 4 years coding experience in Java.
- Solid computer science fundamentals including data structure and algorithm design, and creation of architectural specifications.
- Expertise in developing Implementation of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, documentation, build processes, automated testing, and operations.
- A passion for developing and maintaining a high-quality code and test base and enabling contributions from engineers across the team.
- Expertise in big data technologies like Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, HBase etc would be an added advantage.
- Experience in developing and delivering large-scale big-data pipelines, real-time systems & data warehouses would be preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a very innovative and fast paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies quickly and independently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, especially in technical communications.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a desire to work collaboratively.
Return to Office: PubMatic employees throughout the global have returned to our offices via a hybrid work schedule (3 days “in office” and 2 days “working remotely”) that is intended to maximize collaboration, innovation, and productivity among teams and across functions. All PubMatic employees in the US and India are required to be fully vaccinated to return to our offices. Covid-19 boosters are not required at this point in time.
Benefits: Our benefits package includes the best of what leading organizations provide, such as stock options, paternity/maternity leave, healthcare insurance, broadband reimbursement. As well, when we’re back in the office, we all benefit from a kitchen loaded with healthy snacks and drinks and catered lunches and much more!
Diversity and Inclusion: PubMatic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we don’t just value diversity, we promote and celebrate it. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey 💰
Tags: Agile APIs Architecture Big Data Computer Science Data Analytics Data pipelines Engineering GitHub Hadoop HBase Jira Kafka Map Reduce Pipelines Scrum SDLC Spark Testing
Perks/benefits: Career development Equity Flex hours Insurance Parental leave
More jobs like this
Manila, Manila, Philippines Manila, Manila, Philippines Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 92K - 130K * USD 92K+ *
Data Analyst (Permanent Work from home)Business Intelligence Data visualization Excel Looker Machine Learning Power BI +6
Career development Competitive pay Health care Salary bonus Unlimited paid time off +1
Explore more AI, ML, Data Science career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Director, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Data Manager jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Sr. Data Scientist jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open (Senior) Digital Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open BI Analyst jobs
- Open MLOps Engineer jobs
- Open Sr Data Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Cloud Data Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Manager, Data Science jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Statistics/Python/BI) (Bangkok-based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Manager, Data Science jobs
- Open Data Scientist Intern jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Data Analytics-related jobs
- Open Data quality-related jobs
- Open Privacy-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Data warehouse-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs