Clinical NLP Engineer
Remote or Pasadena, CA
Deep 6 AI is a fast-growing tech startup headquartered in Los Angeles, California looking for talented, dynamic team members who want to help shape our groundbreaking artificial intelligence platform. This is a remote opportunity, and we have a significant number of team members in Chicago, Seattle, SF Bay Area, NYC and Nashville.
We are transforming and accelerating clinical trials, to help get life-saving treatments to patients faster and accelerate innovation in healthcare. To that end, we build a cutting-edge software suite that connects all clinical research stakeholders, from research teams to treating physicians, patients, and study sponsors on a real-time, real-world data SaaS platform, powered by AI.
We are seeking an experienced engineer and data scientist with a strong clinical background. The ideal candidate will be a problem-solver with a strong interest in innovating methods to extract valuable context and information from patient data and clinical trial details. You will be working with one of the best datasets in America, both in terms of its depth and breadth of medical information and variety. The role will involve connecting clinical considerations with the work of our team and collaborating with key internal and external stakeholders to innovate and promote best practices for clinical data for new and enhanced product offerings.
What You'll Do
- Contribute solutions for extracting information from structured and unstructured electronic health record data.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to drive innovative best practices for clinical data.
- Contribute to defining data strategy and drive technical execution rollout to disrupt traditional patient recruitment.
- Rapidly prototype and iterate on data products.
- Connect clinical considerations with the broader work of our team.
- Leverage data insights to improve operational efficiency.
- Domain expertise in an area relevant to Deep 6 AI products or operations: patient recruitment, health data, RWD/RWE, outcomes research, clinical research, precision medicine.
- At least 3 years of industry experience in roles such as healthcare data scientist / data analyst / data engineer or equivalent academic research experience in a quantitative field.
- Experience with Natural Language Processing (NLP) techniques.
- Proficiency in Python programming or JVM languages (Java, Kotlin, etc.).
- Experience with clinical EMR/EHR data (e.g., EPIC, Cerner).
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and teamwork abilities.
- Experience in applying Machine Learning to clinical data.
We are a very collaborative group that is inclusive, fun, and hard-working. We appreciate the value in diverse backgrounds and experiences so that we can create the best product through different perspectives and ideas. Deep 6 AI welcomes remote work and has fully-remote teams throughout the country; we strive to create an environment where you can do your best work in the environment and location that is best suited for each individual. As a member of our team, you can expect to work with intelligent, curious, and motivated peers who value and respect your perspectives. - Deep 6 AI is headquartered in Los Angeles and has a significant number of employees Chicago, Seattle, SF Bay Area, NYC and Nashville.
In addition to competitive salary and a unique opportunity to thrive at a growing company, Deep 6 AI offers various formal benefits as well as a generous PTO plan which includes sick and vacation days, and as well as employer-paid medical (including a Health Savings Account with an employer contribution), Dental, Vision, and Life insurance. In addition, we're proud to offer Voluntary Life & AD&D, Short Term Disability, and Long-Term Disability coverage. A 401k plan is available, too.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job function. They're not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned by Deep 6.
At Deep 6, we appreciate the opportunity to benefit from the diverse backgrounds and experiences of others. Because of our deep commitment to respect every individual, Deep 6 is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply now Apply later
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey 💰
Tags: Clinical NLP Data strategy Machine Learning NLP Python Research
Perks/benefits: 401(k) matching Career development Competitive pay Health care Insurance Startup environment
Regions: Remote/Anywhere North America
Country: United States
Job stats: 37 8 0
Categories: Engineering Jobs NLP Jobs
More jobs like this
San Francisco (or remote) San Francisco (or remote) Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 62K - 115K * USD 62K+ *
Software Engineer - Machine LearningClassification Computer Vision Deep Learning Engineering Generative modeling Machine Learning +2
Career development Competitive pay Equity Flex hours Flex vacation +6
Explore more AI, ML, Data Science career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Director, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Data Manager jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Sr. Data Scientist jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open (Senior) Digital Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open BI Analyst jobs
- Open MLOps Engineer jobs
- Open Sr Data Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Cloud Data Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Manager, Data Science jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Statistics/Python/BI) (Bangkok-based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Manager, Data Science jobs
- Open Data Scientist Intern jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Data Analytics-related jobs
- Open Data quality-related jobs
- Open Privacy-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Data warehouse-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs