Senior Data Engineer
Chicago, Illinois, United States
About Beyond Finance
Beyond Finance is an exciting next generation FinTech company headquartered in Houston with additional offices in San Diego and Chicago. We provide financial products that are easy to use and accessible that aim to improve people’s lives. As the consumer debt market continues to grow in the United States, we have made it our objective to create a transparent and fair debt management service that is customized to the consumer’s individual situation.
Our leadership team has extensive experience and expertise in the financial services and debt management marketplace. We are reinventing the market by investing in innovative technologies to best serve our customers. Our workforce is a community made up of celebrated, diverse backgrounds working towards the common objective of developing something transformational for the debt settlement industry.
Hiring During the Pandemic
Beyond Finance is committed to employee health and safety. We’ve built and implemented a plan to conduct remote interviewing and onboarding. Although we’d like to get back to the office one day, we’re committed to doing so in a safe, responsible manner to ensure minimum risk for our employees and their families
About The Role
As a Data Engineer you will work on developing a modern data pipeline integrating data from a variety of data sources in order to bring the data into the analytics platform using highly scalable and extensible pipeline technologies. You’ll be owning small to medium sized projects which ultimately will help the business grow and make more informed decisions.
What You'll Do
- Own small to medium sized projects independently
- Work with the latest cutting edge technologies which include AWS, Snowflake, Airflow and Terraform
- Integrate all our data sources under one data warehouse which will allow our business to examine what is going on in endless ways.
- Be a team player in contributing your thoughts and ideas to the overall goals of the team
- Work closely with the Business Intelligence team to deliver them the data they need to answer business questions.
- Design and build data pipelines while thinking of creating standards and common tools to be as productive as possible
- Learn how to take deep dives into technologies and troubleshoot issues to understand the root cause
- Think about how to handle security issues surrounding access, PII, and business-sensitive data.
- Design for scalability and robustness of availability ensuring the data pipelines work or provide a clear error when they can’t proceed.
What We Look For
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other technical field or equivalent work experience
- 5-8 years of experience working on building services or data integrations; Airflow experience is a plus
- Solid Python coding and scripting experience
- Good knowledge of a relational database platform such as MySQL, Postgres, Redshift, Snowflake, Oracle or SQL Server; any cloud database technologies is a plus
- Experience working with cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure and GCP
- Exposure in developing batch systems and real time streaming platforms and a sense of the benefits of each approach.
- Excellent SQL experience working through complex queries
- Experience in setting up configuration-as-code tools such as Ansible, Terraform, or Chef.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired, and ambiguity is the norm
- Experience with agile or Kanban development methodologies
*Beyond Finance is an equal opportunity Employer*