Senior Data Engineering Manager (m/f/x)
The team’s mission is to build a new data platform for our supplier facing platform that enables our 11,000+ supplier-partners to manage and grow their business through Wayfair. The goal of our new data platform is to bring fast and scalable data services and supplier-facing reports to Wayfair’s supplier community across the globe. The new platform unites all relevant data sources for the supplier in one place. In our team our tech stack revolves around Python and Java and we are leveraging GCP and open source big data technologies to build our platform.
What You’ll Do:
- Build a capable team with strong leadership through effective headcount planning, hiring, on-boarding, retention, and continuous improvement.
- Lead one or more data engineering teams of strong, engaged engineers. Manage, mentor, and coach team members at multiple career levels.
- Nurture collaborative ways of working that grow the team, its members, and the product: testing practices, TDD, pairing/mobbing, continuous deployment, domain-driven design
- Guide team strategy discussions, roadmap definition, and sprint planning
- Continuously rethink and push the status quo, even when it challenges your/our established ideas. Influence and contribute to the technical and product strategy and roadmaps
- Partner as a thought leader with your product peers and key stakeholders to define the vision for your platform and build the roadmap and OKRs for your team, identifying future opportunities
- Work cross-functionally with different teams from other data domains and platforms, Product, Design and core areas of the business to envision the end-to-end complex business state by connecting various pieces together
- Build relationships with technical leaders and business decision-makers to enhance collaboration, information sharing, decision-making, and influence decisions
What You’ll Need:
- Experience with architectures developed in cloud-based and event-driven environments
- Track record in making architectural and design-related decisions for large scale platforms, understanding the tradeoffs between time-to-market vs. flexibility.
- Capability to collaborate across the wider organization, influence even without direct authority with an inclusive, adaptable, and persuasive communication style
- Prior experience leading and managing a team of data engineers and delivery of business impacting applications
- Experience hiring and mentoring junior and senior engineers across levels
- Working knowledge of Python, Java or Scala and further big data related technologies
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.