Arlington, Virginia, United States, Remote
Excella is a leading provider of Agile software development and data and analytics solutions to clients in the federal, commercial and non-profit sectors. We believe that great work leads to great things –- our experts measure success by the positive impact we make on our clients, community, and colleagues. We are growing fast and need passionate, innovative people who love working with technology and are ready to make an impact. Here's what you can expect from us:
- Workplace sites look different for everyone – whether it’s your home or the office, we believe in a flexible work/life balance that supports you regardless of your location. We offer a home office allowance that can be used for home office furniture/equipment, a daily pass for a coworking space, etc. Our commute reimbursement plan has you covered for whether you bike, Metro, or drive to work.
- We offer top of industry medical, dental, and vision benefits with multiple options to choose from such as an employer-contributed health savings account, infertility coverage, and orthodontia so you can select the plan that works best for you.
- Regardless of what stage of life you’re in, Excella wants to support you. We provide 8 weeks of Parental Leave, discounted pet insurance, and a Care.com membership with 3 back-up emergency child or elder care days annually – all available to you on your first day.
- Starting day one, every employee is bonus eligible and receives 15 days of paid vacation, 6 federal holidays, and 4 floating holidays.
- Doing your best work means having the best tools! Excella’s TechEleX program provides you with multiple options to suit your technology needs. Choose between a variety of Mac or PC devices, and to ensure your hardware remains current, at the end of a 3-year period Excella will replace your existing computer with a new model from the program. Plus, we’ll even give you the original device to keep for your personal use!
- Excella provides a Workplace Allowance to offset both the costs to maintain a distributed work environment and to enhance your workplace wellness. Excella will reimburse all full-time Excellians for up to $500 in expenses incurred during the calendar year.
- Diversity and inclusion matter. Excella created and continues to support employee led-affinity groups and the Inclusion Diversity Equity Ambassador (IDEA) team, a cross-functional employee-led initiative to continually foster innovation and increase inclusion within Excella.
- We'll invest in your career by providing 3 days of paid professional development every year, including travel and registration fees to attend classes and conferences.
- We encourage mindfulness and overall well-being through employee wellness events, a HeadSpace membership, as well as access to TalkSpace and mental health coverage through our medical plans.
The data scientist is responsible for developing machine learning models for production grade software that produces predictions or suggestions that address the client’s need. This includes communicating complex analyses in a clear manner to executive level audiences, working with DevOps engineers to ensure high quality delivery, and partnering with data engineers to ensure appropriate use and availability of data.
- Working with client, DevOps engineers, and data engineers to deploy machine learning models in a production environment that addresses the client’s need.
- Leveraging AI/ML for uses cases such as natural language processing, fraud detection, anomaly detection, and network analytics
- Implementing and optimizing appropriate techniques such as text embedding, topic modeling, language transformation methods, and entity extraction, regression, support vector machines, ensemble models, neural networks, clustering, isolation forests, etc.
- Analyzing structured, semi structured and unstructured
- Validating model performance and tracking over Building robust processes for model updating and versioning.
- Working with DevOps engineers to integrate models into robust
- Working with data engineers to assess data quality and define data processing business rules for cleansing, aggregation, enhancement, and supporting modelling activities.
- Presenting complex results tailored to different audiences (e.g. technical, manager, executive) in a clear and actionable way.
- Working collaboratively as part of an Agile team using frameworks such as Scrum or Kanban
- Bachelors Degree in a quantitative discipline and 2+ years in applied machine learning in Python
- 2+ years experience in one of the following techniques:
- Regression or classification
- Natural language processing
- Clustering or anomaly detection
- Deep learning
- 2 + years experience developing machine learning in production environment and implementing MLOps in a cloud environment—not only training models in notebooks, but also taking part in writing production grade software
- Familiarity with relational databases
- Excellent communication skills to be able to interact directly with non-technical client stakeholders verbally, in writing, and through visualizations
- Experience working within Agile Frameworks, such as Scrum or Kanban
- Self-motivated and self-managing
- Able to provide reliable estimates for the time it will take to accomplish tasks
- Experience working with PII or other sensitive data
- Master's Degree or PhD in Computer Science or Data Science
- Experience deploying machine learning models in AWS
- Experience in graph-based models and analysis and visualize social networks or other graph-based relationships. Experience using NoSQL (e.g. Mongo, Neo4j) databases and data structures.
- Processing text with Natural Language Processing techniques, such as embeddings, topic modeling, language transformation methods, and entity extraction.
- Experience working in a technical consulting environment
Excella is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey 💰
Tags: Agile AWS Classification Clustering Computer Science Consulting Data quality Deep Learning DevOps Kanban Machine Learning ML models MLOps Neo4j NLP NoSQL PhD Python RDBMS Scrum Topic modeling
Perks/benefits: Career development Conferences Flex hours Flex vacation Health care Home office stipend Insurance Medical leave Parental leave Salary bonus Team events Wellness
More jobs like this
Seattle, WA, United States Seattle, WA, United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 167K - 209K USD 167K+
Principal Data Scientist (Seattle or U.S. Remote)A/B testing Causal inference Computer Science Economics Engineering Machine Learning +8
401(k) matching Career development Equity Health care Unlimited paid time off
Remote; Columbia, Missouri; Kansas … Remote; Columbia, Missouri; Kansas City, Missouri, United … Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 129K - 185K * USD 129K+ *
Senior Data ScientistComputer Science Industrial Machine Learning Research Statistics
401(k) matching Career development Competitive pay Conferences Fitness / gym +6
Explore more AI, ML, Data Science career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Director, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Data Manager jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Sr. Data Scientist jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open (Senior) Digital Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open BI Analyst jobs
- Open MLOps Engineer jobs
- Open Sr Data Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Cloud Data Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Manager, Data Science jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Statistics/Python/BI) (Bangkok-based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Manager, Data Science jobs
- Open Data Scientist Intern jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Data Analytics-related jobs
- Open Data quality-related jobs
- Open Privacy-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Data warehouse-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs