Air-Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration InstituteWe make life better.
Posted 4 months ago
Ensuring human comfort, productivity, and safety while practicing environmental stewardship is the mission of the Air-Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI). Through our certification program, standards, advocacy, and other activities, we strive to help save energy, improve productivity, and ensure a better environment.
AHRI has an opening for a Data Scientist with our Certification Team. Reporting to the Director of HVAC Data Analytics, the Data Scientist’s primary responsibilities are the development and production of data analytics and predictive models for the certification programs. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Performing in-depth data analysis to generate modeling plans meeting business needs.
- Performing an adequate data preparation to control model performance and accuracy in predictions.
- Developing statistical and mathematical models based on computational algorithms to perform inference, comparison, and prediction of product performances.
- Creating data visualizations that can support decisions in certification program related activities.
- Working with a team of subject matter experts (SMEs) and IT services to participate in a product life-cycle process consisting of development, test, launch and deploy, maintenance, upgrade, etc.
- Providing technical support on various committee and working group meetings that oversee or support AHRI’s data analytics services.
- BA/BS degree (MS preferred) in Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, or Engineering with a strong emphasis on statistical programming.
- At least two-years of professional experience in the data analytics, machine learning modeling or quantitative modeling.
- Practical knowledge and experience in applied statistics (e.g., Bayesian Methods of Probabilistic Programming in a scale).
- Experience in developing advanced predictive or generative models on unstructured complex real-world data sets that have noises and errors inherently.
- Work experience relevant to consumer product industry including, Heating, Ventilating, and Air-Conditioning (HVAC) is a plus.
- Proven hands-on skills in either of programming languages: python, R, Scala, Julia, etc. with a focus on in-depth data analysis, data manipulation (ETL), modeling, and testing by using open-source tools/packages.
- Professional experience in Machine Learning Model assessments and evaluations with open-source tools.
- Hands-on skills in database (SQL and no-SQLs) or data APIs (REST and GraphQL) are required.
- Familiarity with both MS-Windows and Linux environment for development and test.
AHRI offers a competitive salary and a full benefits package including employer contributions to 401(k) and Roth(k) plans in a friendly work environment. The salary range for this position is $100,000- $117,500 based on relevant industry experience.
AHRI is actively recruiting during COVID-19. We are currently teleworking until further notice.
AHRI does not discriminate and will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, military service, ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, handicap, or disability as those terms are defined under applicable law in its selection, recruitment, or employment practices.
This position does not offer employment-based visa sponsorship and/or assistance to include H1B, F1-OPT, or F1-CPT visas.
To apply for this position, please visit our website. If you require assistance with completing the application process, please call 703-293-4868.
NO RECRUITERS, PLEASE.
More AI/ML/Data Science position highlights
- Explore open Head of Data Science Jobs
- Explore open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality Jobs
- Explore open Sr Data Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Data Operations Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Data Scientist II Jobs
- Explore open Senior Marketing Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Lead Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Senior Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Explore open Data Science Manager Jobs
- Explore open Data Science Intern Jobs
- Explore open Data Engineer: Business Intelligence Jobs
- Explore open Software Engineer - Machine Learning Jobs
- Explore open BI Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Explore open Manager, Data Engineering Jobs
- Explore open Software Development Engineer - Machine Learning Jobs
- Explore open Data Science Consultant Jobs
- Explore open Senior Data Engineer - Streaming Jobs
- Explore open Financial Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Senior Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Explore open Data Engineer III Jobs
- Explore open Data Scientist, Machine Learning Jobs
- Explore open Computer Vision Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Senior Product Manager, Machine Learning Jobs
- Explore open Business Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Kafka-related jobs
- Explore open Airflow-related jobs
- Explore open Looker-related jobs
- Explore open Consulting-related jobs
- Explore open PyTorch-related jobs
- Explore open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Explore open Healthcare-related jobs
- Explore open Travel-related jobs
- Explore open Data Mining-related jobs
- Explore open Pandas-related jobs
- Explore open Open Source-related jobs
- Explore open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Explore open NLP-related jobs
- Explore open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Explore open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Explore open Linux-related jobs
- Explore open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Explore open BigQuery-related jobs
- Explore open NoSQL-related jobs
- Explore open Data pipelines-related jobs
- Explore open MySQL-related jobs
- Explore open NumPy-related jobs
- Explore open Keras-related jobs
- Explore open MongoDB-related jobs