New York, NY
Data Analyst / Analytics Engineer
MakeSpace is looking for a hands-on Data Analyst or Analytics Engineer to help us revolutionize the $38 billion storage industry. We just raised $55 million in Series E funding to help make space more accessible to everyone with our full-service customer experience and full-featured technology products. Join us as we help people live more spacious lives in 31 cities across North America (and counting).
We're looking for an analyst to join the Strategy & Analytics team. Reporting to the SVP of Strategy & Analytics, you will drive growth and operational excellence by developing exceptional reporting, analytical tools, and data products, by empowering each functional area and educating them on our data, and by generating and communicating insights to teammates across the business. This role can be fully remote from any US or Canada location, with some preference for candidates based near our teams in New York City, Phoenix, or Denver.
- Partner with functional leaders and stakeholders on our Customer Experience, Sales, Marketing, Product, and Ops teams to drive change in the organization by providing insights and making high-quality data products available to decision makers
- Own and lead projects to improve operational processes, and contribute to important strategic and operational questions, like triaging customer support requests, measuring and improving the customer experience, and improving the efficiency of our sales team
- Make new datasets available in our production data platform using best-of-breed ELT technologies
Below we’ve laid out experience that would help you contribute quickly. We don’t expect any candidates to have all of the experience below. Your attitude and desire to develop professionally as an analyst and analytics engineer are the most important keys to your success in this role
- A motivated individual contributor and “full-stack” analyst (a.k.a. analytics engineer), with 2+ years of experience in data analysis, data engineering, data science, or analytical/quantitative roles in management consulting, finance, marketing, or operations
- An analytical thinker looking for an opportunity to own data projects from beginning to end, with a focus on driving better results for the business
- An excellent communicator and a natural team player; curious and inquisitive and excited to gain deep knowledge of every functional area
- Strong SQL skills; experience using dbt or managing a data warehouse preferred. Experience with visualization and business intelligence tools (Looker, Tableau, Mode, etc.). MakeSpace currently uses Fivetran, Stitch, Redshift, dbt, and Looker
- Experience with financial or operational modeling and forecasting using Excel, Python, or R
- A college graduate with a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering, Economics, Mathematics, Science, or another quantitative field preferred
- A competitive base salary and a 401(k) with matching
- Generous and flexible PTO (we believe in our team having a great life outside of work)
- Competitive parental leave policy
- Multiple health care options with premium plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Accounts, & Commuter benefits
- Weekly catered lunch, unlimited snacks, beer, cold brew on tap, etc.
- Team happy hours, events, and social clubs
- Free MakeSpace storage so you can take back your space
MakeSpace culture is built on collaboration and innovation. There’s tons of room to grow and opportunities to take initiative. You will partner with sharp, motivated teammates looking to disrupt a massive industry—and have fun while doing it.
If this sounds like you, then let us know—and join a tech company that makes a concrete impact on the physical world every day!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds at our company. We are dedicated to a policy of nondiscrimination in employment on any basis including race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, or national origin.