ATB 101 - AI/ML Student Scientist
ATB 101 is a year round student work experience and engagement program with summer, fall, and winter intakes! Our ATB 101 students play an integral role in the success of our business. As an ATB 101 student you will have a unique opportunity to contribute to ATB through challenging, meaningful and diverse opportunities while creating happiness for our customers and each other. Oh and we promise you’ll have a lot of fun doing it!
ATB is more than just a bank and ATB 101 is more than just a student job.
Do you want to have an opportunity to work with customers, businesses and industries that drive Alberta’s economy? Do you have a desire to understand the very core of our business and be part of the evolution of serving our customers? If so ATB might be right for you.
Job Number: REQ1407
Location: Remote (Anywhere in Alberta)
Apply by: Monday February 22nd, 2021
Paygrade: ATB 101
# Positions available: 1
AI/ML Student Scientist - Brightside Data
In this role you are responsible for ensuring the data makes it through the data continuum. Data to facts, facts to information, information to understand and finally to wisdom. The end goal is to enable and empower Brightside business teams to make decisions based on data with confidence. You will be able to work in areas such as data preparation to develop AI models and presenting your findings and results.
The ideal candidate must possess an inquisitive and growth mindset, working ethics and collaboration skills. Most importantly, ability to listen and extrapolate the needs of our business teams.
- Working towards a Statistics, Math or Computer Science degree
- Have an intermediary to advance knowledge of Python 3 and usage of libraries (Panda, Scikit-Learn, PyTorch etc.)
- Understanding and experience with supervised learning models (e.g. Boost, Random Forest, etc)
- Have experience in running and managing virtual environments, Jupyter notebook, shell remote terminal (Bash)
- Basic knowledge of using Git or version control methods
- Ability to summarise and represent data and findings visually
- Able to effectively prioritize and manage your time well.
- Have a strong sense of personal accountability. We are looking for someone who takes pride in their work and takes the personal accountability to ensure that deliverables are of strong quality.
- Come with an inquisitive and growth mindset. Be confident to ask questions, seeking information, dissect problems, and suggest innovative solutions.
- Eager to roll up your sleeves and take on new challenges.
- Be humble and confident. We encourage you to put your hand up and ask for help, when needed. After all, we are all united in our goal of customer obsession.
- A curious mind, a person that is always asking why but is able to balance that with extremely strong execution.
At ATB, we know that highly talented people can readily transfer their skills. If you believe your skills and experience are transferable, please consider putting your name in the running.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please apply directly online and please include the following in your cover letter.
- Discipline of study (ex. B.Comm in Finance or Accounting)
- Institution of Study
- Year of Study
- Why is ATB the place to start your career journey?
Purpose. Growth. Advancement. Fun. Rewards… learn about our perks and benefits.
A little about ATB:
We are Alberta’s largest, home grown financial institution and for the last 80+ years, we’ve transformed people’s understanding of what banking can–and should–make possible. Today, 5,500+ ATB team members embrace a growth mindset in order to help bring ATB’s story to life, delivering happiness to our customers and team members alike. It’s why we’re also a highly sought after, award-winning employer. The best part is, we’re just getting started. Join us, and create happiness.
What happens next?
If you make the shortlist for this role, you will hear from us within 10 business days of the posting close date. We will also keep your application on file for future roles that you may wish to consider.
If your application is shortlisted, we might ask you to participate in a digital interview.
Stay in touch!