San Francisco, California, United States
The Company You’ll Join
At Carta we create owners and make private markets liquid.
We live in a world where some people live on the equity stack and enjoy exponential wealth growth and preferential tax treatment; others live on the debt stack and may work their entire lives for a company and retire only with the cash they’ve managed to save from their paychecks. Our contribution to solving the wealth inequality problem is moving people from the debt stack (payroll) to the equity stack. By making it as easy to issue equity to employees as it is to put them on payroll, we can create more owners.
At Carta, we are helpful, transparent, fair, and kind. We are relentless executors, unconventional thinkers, and masters of our craft.
To learn more, here is what one of our investors wrote about leading our Series F.
The Team You’ll Work With
Our mission is to enable data-driven decisions and products across Carta by collecting accurate data, building scalable infrastructure and delivering advanced analytics. We believe in building a strong data foundation to ensure data quality and to promote self-service across the company. In addition, the data team works on developing proprietary data products using Carta’s rich and unique dataset. The team is split between Data Science/ Machine Learning, Data Analytics, and Data Engineering. We like to partner with each other and with Cartans across the company to get our work done. We constantly think about how we can improve and grow.
The Problems You’ll Solve
As a member of this team, you will partner with business and product teams to use data to accelerate decision making. You will make sure our internal customers have access to consistent metrics and understand their definitions, partner with the rest of the data team to enable self service access to the data they need, and work on reporting and analysis to improve our products. Examples of responsibilities include:
- Partner with business and product teams across the organization to understand business problems and help build data solutions
- Work with Data Engineering team to build and implement data pipelines for new data sources
- Build ML models and deeper analytics with Data Science team using SQL and/or Python to generate insights
- Promote self service for business users and their data requests through Looker or other methods
- Structure and build ETL infrastructure for new products and business lines
The Impact You’ll Have
By partnering with teams within Carta and providing data solutions, you will elevate our decision making and improve our products, operations and business direction. As you continue to build out our analytics toolkit, you will empower others in the organization to make data driven decisions.
Successful candidates in this role are excellent communicators who are always looking for opportunities to use data to make decisions. You are a self starter with at least 2+ years of working experience in a related field who can build relationships across the company, understand how to prioritize your work, is able to partner with members of your team, and understands when data can and should be used to improve Carta. You have excellent attention to detail, are able to communicate with both business and technical team members and don’t mind writing documentation. You are comfortable with SQL, already know or want to learn Python, understand the value of Self Service model of Looker and ready to roll up your sleeves to get things done.
Example of problems you will solve include:
- Working across multiple teams to standardize, document and generate core metrics for our business and our product
- Re-evaluate Explores in Looker to make sure they are easy to understand and use
- Provide training sessions to teach members of other teams to use Looker
- Generate insights into how new features can impact a product release
- Work with business partners and/or product managers to instrument new initiatives and come up with metrics to measure them
- Collaborate with the rest of the data team to come up with new products based on data
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. If accommodations due to a disability or medical condition are needed, connect with us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. As a company, we value fairness, helpfulness, transparency, leadership and build our teams around these values. Check out our careers page to get to know us better as you think about your next step at Carta.