Analyst - Analytics Data Science
Foursquare is the leading independent location technology company, powered by our deep understanding of how people move throughout the world. Our solutions help businesses make smarter decisions, developers create more engaging experiences, and brands build more effective marketing strategies.
Foursquare’s platform includes Attribution, Audience, Pinpoint, Proximity, Places, Pilgrim SDK and Visits. As the industry’s first and only accredited company for location data from the Media Rating Council (MRC), this foundation powers all our solutions — those that exist today and those we have yet to build. Over 14 billion consumer-verified place visit confirmations help us keep our map and models fresh and up-to-date, building a phone’s-eye-view of the world with 105 million unique places of interest worldwide.
About the role:
Members of the Analytics group within Foursquare’s Data Science organization are responsible for constructing and delivering analyses for a variety of stakeholders pre and post-sales, as well as developing prototypes, product proof-of-concepts, and new methodologies in the context of attribution, feeds, insights, and analytics.
We are looking for a passionate, detail-oriented analyst who is able to produce actionable insights for a broad range of pre and post-sales client needs and PR efforts. This individual will have the opportunity to interface with numerous teams internally and be involved in a wide variety of client engagements ranging in topicality. This role will be responsible for manipulating large geospatial datasets and user attributes in their daily tasks.
This person will have strong familiarity with SQL and can quickly translate a request for data into a well-written query. This role also carries the responsibility of helping to guide the scope of an analysis project, giving stakeholders context on what is feasible given the data available to us.
Responsibilities of the role
- Collaborate with Sales and Marketing teams to scope and deliver insights against a broad range of client business questions
- Develop templated, reproducible analyses to improve turnaround times of our report deliverables
- Support PR efforts by producing timely and relevant analyses that highlight the value of our data externally
- Produce compelling visualizations to isolate key trends and narratives in our data
- 2+ years of data analysis experience
- Strong experience with SQL
- Tableau or comparable dashboard tooling, as well as Excel and/or Google Sheets
- Strong written and verbal communication, with the ability to distill and communicate insights from data
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field
Nice to have:
- Python and/or R
- Past experience as an analyst in advertising and media measurement
- Experience with project management tools, including Jira
- Experience with Spark, AWS EMR or similar frameworks is a plus
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.