Senior Director, Data Analytics
San Francisco, California, United States
You are an innovative data leader who is a crucial interface between the analytics team and engineering team. On the one hand, you thoroughly understand the needs of the analytics team and are able to predict future requirements. On the other hand, you partner with the engineering team, especially the data engineers, to identify, vet and prioritize upstream data to fulfill and facilitate the analytics needs. Your goal is to provide capability and drive operational excellence for the analytics team, while bringing efficiency to the partnership.
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Lead the thought process of defining, developing, optimizing and ensuring curated datasets and schemas with standardized metrics and definitions (single source of truth) across the company
- Proactively drive the vision for BI and Data Warehousing for all business lines across the company, and define and execute on a plan to achieve that vision
- Evolve analytical data ecosystems to enable excellent data capabilities, including big data analysis
- Design, develop, and maintain robust and efficient data pipelines/processes that can meet the data needs of various use-cases with the lowest incremental effort
- Partner with various stakeholders within the company, understand their data and reporting requirements, translate them into definitions and technical specifications, and deliver the outcome
What You Bring To The Role
- 7-10+ years of data analytics and data engineering experience; retail industry experience highly preferred
- 5+ years of experience with hadoop, hive, spark or other big data processing systems
- 5+ years of experience with BI tools such as microstrategy, tableau, looker etc.
- 5+ years of experience managing and leading high-performing teams that exemplify a culture of excellence
- Expert in translating between practical problems and technical formulations and solutions
- Proven ability to design and lead time-sensitive strategic projects involving methodology development, analysis, strategic recommendations, and presentation of the findings
- Expert in SQL
- Degree in a technical field (engineering, computer science, mathematics, etc.) required
- Experience with Unix shell scripting and python highly preferred
- Database performance tuning skills highly preferred
The RealReal is the world’s largest online marketplace for authenticated, consigned luxury goods. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe and reliable platform for consumers to buy and sell their luxury items. We have 150+ in-house gemologists, horologists and brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by hundreds of brands, from Gucci to Cartier, supporting the circular economy. We make consigning effortless with free in-home pickup, drop-off service and direct shipping for individual consignors and estates. At our stores in Brooklyn, Chicago, Los Angeles, New York City, Newport Beach, Palo Alto and San Francisco, customers can shop, consign, and meet with our experts. At our 13 Luxury Consignment Offices, eight of which are in our retail stores, our expert staff provides free valuations. Founded in 2011 and listed publicly in 2019 (Nasdaq: REAL), we’re growing fast and fundamentally changing the way people buy and sell luxury — a multi-billion dollar industry. Build your career with us and enjoy 401K matching, health, dental and vision insurance, commuter flex spending, healthcare flex spending, generous PTO, a mother’s room, and flexible work hours!
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements.